COSTI is a multicultural organization providing settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
Shelter Services provide short-term accommodation and support services for vulnerable populations including Refugee Claimants.
- Provide assistance to the Counsellors in the delivery of services and programs
- Responsible for the provision of interpretation/translation services
- Under the guidance of the Counsellors, complete the intake/admission, pre-departure services and check-out of residents
- Responsible for working with the Centre Manager and Counsellors to ensure the smooth operation of the centre, which includes responding to emergency situations
- Responsible for general office duties such as answering telephones
- Community college diploma in community work/human services or equivalent
- Experience working with newcomers and refugees
- Excellent communication skills
- Verbal and written English is required. Preference will be given to those who speak any of the following languages: Arabic, French, Amharic, Tigrigna, Hungarian, Somali, Farsi, and Urdu
- Previous experience with interpretation/translation considered an asset
- Sensitive to the needs and issues facing newcomers
These are non-union positions scheduled to work variable hours throughout the evenings weekends, holidays and vacations.
Duration: January 29, 2018 to December 31, 2018
Salary range: $ 14.64 per hour
Location: Hwy 401 and Victoria Park, Scarborough
How to apply:
If you are interested, please quote Reference #6-18 and send your resume with a cover letter by January 19, 2018 to:
Mr. Michael Politi
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, M6E 3P2
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.