COSTI REQUIRES RELIEF WORKERS FOR ITS MARKHAM SHELTER
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
These are non-union contract positions scheduled to work variable hours on need basis to cover evenings and overnights shifts.
Monday to Friday can be 5:00 pm to 11:00pm (hours can be variable)
Weekend Evenings from 3:00pm to 11:00pm (hours can be variable)
(Overnight from 11:00pm to 07:00am)
• Provides reception for new arrivals.
• Responsible for the intake/admission, pre-departure services and check-out of residents.
• Ensures rooms are equip with toiletries, food, baby formula, diapers, admission package information, etc.
• Ensures hotel and house rules are observed.
• Organizes and maintains supplies in the storage office and keeps an up-to date inventory of supplies (e.g. diapers, formula, coffee, sugar etc.
• Provides emergency intervention e.g. client Illness, family violence, theft and fire.
• Delivers food to client’s rooms breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• Reports to the Center General Manager and Operations Manager and works with counsellors to ensure the smooth operation of the RAP program.
• Communicates in a timely and professional manner with Manager on call regarding any client concerns or emergencies.
• Works in coordination with Hotel staff to support clients.
• Provides interpretation services as required.
• Responsible for office duties such as answering telephones, request client transportation, and fill out taxi vouchers.
• Community college diploma in community work/human services or equivalent.
• Experience working with newcomers and refugees.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Must be fluent in Arabic. Verbal and written English is also required.
• Previous experience with interpretation/translation considered an asset.
• Sensitive to the needs and issues facing newcomers.
• Possession of valid First Aid/CPR training certificate is an asset.
• Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within the last 6 months.
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters by clicking on the below link.