COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This is a non-Union “on-call” contract position scheduled to work variable hours on an as needed basis.
Monday to Friday can be 7:00am to 3:00pm or 1:00pm to 9:00pm (hours can be variable) Weekend Evenings from 4:00pm to 9:00pm (hours can be variable).
- Cleans and maintains the Centre and grounds as per safety and health regulations
- Assists in teaching clients how to use the equipment and cleaning products such as washer/dryer, cleaning products, washrooms and bathing facilities
- Cleans and disinfects all rooms, offices, childcare and their fixtures
- Cleans and disinfects kitchen, countertops, serving areas, dining room after every meal and snacks
- Assists the weekend counseling staff with preparing beverages, serving meals and snacks, preparing the dining area and cleaning after each meal
- Empties and dispenses garbage in offices, rooms, kitchen/dining rooms, washrooms in appropriate disposal units
- Replaces and replenishes soap containers, light bulbs, mattress covers and notifies the Operations Manager and management of any needed repairs
- Performs other duties as required: answers telephones, sets up rooms; rearranges furniture; distribute donations, etc.
- A minimum of 6 months experience in housekeeping in large residential institutions
- Must have a WHMIS certificate
- Food handling experience is an asset
- Sensitivity and awareness of working with refugee population
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Fluency in English is a must. Ability to speak one of the following languages is an asset: Dari, Farsi, Arabic, Spanish, Amharic, French, Russian, Somali, Tagalog and Tigrinya
- Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within the last 6 months
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file.