COSTI is a multicultural organization providing settlement, employment, rehabilitation and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org
- Cleans and maintains the centre and grounds as per safety and health regulations.
- Assists in teaching clients how to use the equipment and cleaning products such as washer/dryer, vacuum cleaner, cleaning products, washrooms and bathing facilities.
- Cleans and disinfects all rooms, offices, child care and their fixtures.
- Cleans and disinfects kitchen, countertops, serving areas, dining room after every meal and snacks.
- Assists the weekend counseling staff with preparing beverages, serving meals and snacks, preparing the dining area and cleaning after each meal.
- Empties and dispenses garbage in offices, rooms, kitchen/dining rooms, washrooms in appropriate disposal units.
- Replaces and replenishes soap containers, light bulbs, mattress covers and notifies the Operations Manager and management of any needed repairs.
- Performs other duties as required: answers telephones, sets up rooms; rearranges furniture; distribute donations, etc.
- A minimum of 6 months experience in housekeeping in large residential institutions.
- Must have a WHMIS certificate.
- Food handling experience an asset.
- Sensitivity and awareness of working with refugee population.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to speak one of the following languages is an asset: Dari, Farsi, Arabic, Spanish, Amharic, French..
This is an “on call” Non-Union position, scheduled to work variable hours
Salary: $11.75 per hour
Start date: April 3, 2017
Location: 100 Lippincott Street. Toronto
How to apply:
If you are interested, please quote Reference #22-17 and send your resume with a cover letter to:
Mr. Michael Politi
Manager, Staffing & Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street Toronto, M6E 3P2
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.