Applications are invited for the following position:
Positions: Registered Early Childhood Educator
Hours: 30 Hours/Week
Reports to: Manager, Care for Newcomer Children (CNC)
Start Date: ASAP
About Newcomers Centre of Peel
Newcomer Centre of Peel (NCP) is a nonprofit, charitable, multi-service agency that assists the entire newcomer family in achieving settlement. With experience and expertise in English language training; employability and business start-up and comprehensive settlement services including programs for women, children, youth, and seniors; NCP offers a dedication to service quality. Through innovation and a progressive attitude, we leverage the broad experience of our staff and community partners to overcome settlement barriers.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
1. Ensure the safety of children in the care of NCP.
2. Set objectives for and plan activities for the coming days, weeks and months.
3. Adequate energy level and ability to meet the physical demands of the job
4. Demonstrate a good understanding of children’s growth and development in practice.
5. Create an environment that encourages the children’s growth and development in practice.
6. Maintain toys and equipment in good repair for the children’s safety.
7. Share information with parents regarding child rearing practices, child development, educational materials and community resources, and remind them of the NCP’s rules.
8. Be responsive to diverse cultural heritages, values and individual experiences.
9. Work cooperatively with the other childcare staff to coordinate efforts and to make joint decisions about the program.
10. Prepare written reports, attend staff meetings and take part in professional development days, as required.
Major Qualifications & Requirements
1. Early Childhood Education Diploma from reputable Canadian Colleges or Universities
2. Registered Early Childhood Educator
3. Skilled in working with children
4. Excellent computer skills and knowledge of social media and virtual platforms such as Zoom, Google Classrooms and MS. Teams with the ability to work remotely with appropriate equipment
5. Self-motivated, creative, positive, and energetic with effective communication skills in English
6. Ability to speak a second language will be an asset
7. Valid First Aid and CPR certificate
Application Deadline: Friday, March 5th, 2021
In the spirit of the Human Rights Code, we ask that resumes not include personal data such as age, health, marital and family status, place of origin and gender. NCP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and quote “Registered Early Childhood Educator” on the subject line