Purpose of the Position: The Receptionist Intake Worker, as the first point of contact is a key member of the office support team and contributes in a professional manner towards the delivery of our client-centered services.
Responsibilities: Provide assistance to the NNS programs and services
• Receive and direct all incoming telephone calls and provide information and referrals
• Greet clients upon entry to NNS, introduce the services provided, orient new clients
• Maintains front desk security and access data (sign-in/out sheets)
• Maintains the green book for time off (sick and vacation)
• Conduct eligibility screening and ensure appropriate documentation
• Order office most requested forms and applications
• Coordinate incoming and outgoing mail as well as courier pick-up
• Collect statistical records and client visits
• Conduct initial intake and basic needs assessments for drop-in clients
• Participate in team meetings; staff meetings and committee meetings as required
• Assist staff and clients with case management and briefing on services
• Provide backup services to programs staff whenever needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The Receptionist Intake Worker is required to:
• Be able to continuously manage simultaneous tasks.
• Hold a minimum of High school diploma
• Have a minimum of 2 years reception experience working in high volume environment
• Have working knowledge of Windows XP (Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel)
• Knowledge of nonprofit sector and issues affecting immigrants and refugees
• Strong organizational skills, accuracy and consistency of work a necessity
• Excellent oral and written communication and telephone manner
• Cultural sensitivity, mature judgment and good conflict resolution skills
• Fluency in English, additional language/s a bonus.
Deadline for applications is Friday, December 16 at 5:00 pm.
Please email your cover letter and resume, with “Receptionist Intake Worker” in the subject line, to:
Northwood Neighbourhood Services
1860 Wilson Avenue, Unit 400
Toronto, ON M9M 3A7