The Ottawa Chinese Community Service Centre is a non-profit, non-partisan, charitable organization committed to advancing the full social and economic integration and participation of newcomers, immigrants, refugees, and people of Chinese descent in the City of Ottawa.
The Casual Receptionist supports the activities of OCCSC and performs duties related to office administration and reception of clients by being a source of support for the organization as a whole and acts as the first point of contact for clients and visitors.
- Receive, screen, transfer and respond to telephone calls and messages
- Greet, assist, and direct visitors and clients
- Answer service inquiries from visitors and refer them to appropriate workers or programs within OCCSC
- Maintain neat reception area and front desk including information/brochure display, ensure brochures and information sheets are up-to-date
- Ensure reception area free of commercial promotional material
- Respond to workers' request for stationery and office supplies from the Client Service team.
- Manage classroom/room bookings
- Distribute incoming mail
- Other duties as assigned by the program Manager
- Successful completion of post-secondary education, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge and Experience
- 1-2 years related work experience in an office environment
- Experience multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks
- Proficiency with current computer applications including the MS Office Suite, Zoom and databases
- Fluency in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin is essential
- Other languages an asset
- Highly developed interpersonal skills: positive, enthusiastic, collaborative, and solution-focused
Reports to: Human Resources & Operations Manager
Scheduled Weekly Hours: None - On call
Contract Term: Indefinite
Salary/Rate: $19.00 per hour
Location: 400 Cooper Street, Suite 2000, Ottawa, Ontario
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and a resume formatted as [Last Name, First Name for Position] to:
The Ottawa Chinese Community Service Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Ottawa Chinese Community Service Centre will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform us of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we can neither confirm receipt of nor respond to inquiries regarding your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.