The details of this job posting are listed as the followings:
Job Title: Project Worker – Youth Focus
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week
(required to work irregular hours including evenings, weekends and some holidays)
Application Deadline: June 7, 2023
Location: In-person, TCCSA Service Locations in York Region
Salary Range: $42,588 per annum - $48,139 per annum (based on experience)
File #: 10-23
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• To plan, organize, facilitate, implement and evaluate in-person and online activities for racialized youth to help them develop their awareness of Canada’s cultural diversity and build their capacity to address racism and discrimination in the society;
• To develop outreach strategies to promote the project to the community;
• To conduct information sessions at schools, community agencies, and places of worship in GTA to promote and recruit racialized youth;
• To promote, recruit and train youth to become “Community Youth Ambassadors” as change agents to help raise community awareness on the issue of racism and discrimination;
• To provide support to the trained Youth Ambassadors leading the weekly group sessions and special events;
• To engage a youth website designer to design a webpage for racialized youth to share with their photos, stories, video clips and other art on how to confront systemic racism and raise awareness;
• To recruit clients for in-person and online activities;
• To participate in large-scale community events with other partner organizations to provide the opportunity for racialized youth to connect with and experience the different cultures in the community;
• To monitor program activities, budget and expenses as directed;
• To keep and maintain records in a timely and professional manner;
• To update and maintain program-related data and tracking history in agency’s database, prepare and submit timely statistical and progress reports;
• To ensure program and service contents are relevant to funders’ priorities;
• To attend internal/external meetings as required;
• To work in all TCCSA and itinerant service locations as assigned;
• To perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• University degree or equivalent in Social Sciences or a related discipline;
• Minimum 2 years of work experience in the community service is required;
• Excellent knowledge and experience in working with diverse cultural and social backgrounds of communities, including newcomer/refugee/as-risk/racialized youth;
• Understanding of, and sensitivity to the needs of racialized youth;
• Knowledge, understanding and sensitivity to issues affecting immigrant and refugee communities;
• Experience in program management, activity organization, workshop facilitation and community outreach;
• Ability to recruit, select, supervise, train and support racialized youth from diverse cultures and age groups;
• Excellent inter-personal skills; demonstrated teamwork experience and ability to establish and maintain an excellent working relationship with stakeholders;
• Good organization skills, ability to multi-task while maintaining accuracy;
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
• Proficiency in written and spoken English, as well as a second language commonly used by clientele;
• Proficiency with OCMS, MS Office, Google Services, Zoom, other videoconferences and social media that facilitate work, communication and online marketing, knowledge in graphic software such as Canva is an asset;
• Ability to use technology and applications/platforms to support program functions;
• Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends;
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada;
• Proof of a clear “Vulnerable Sector Screening” with a local police service is mandatory;
• Able to travel in the GTA, has a valid Ontario Driver’s license and access to a car is an asset.
Please send resume and cover letter to TCCSA through email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on
June 7, 2023.
Applicants should quote File #10-23 Project Worker – Youth Focus on the application.
We thank you to all those who are interested in this position. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone call inquiries.
TCCSA is an equal opportunity employer. TCCSA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.