Project Manager – Entrepreneurship Connections® Program
ACCES Employment is a leading non-profit organization that assists jobseekers from diverse backgrounds. We deliver a range of programs at locations across the GTA and we offer online services to job seekers across Canada and pre-arrival. Serving more than 34,000 jobseekers each year, ACCES delivers customized programs that focus on connecting our clients with leading employers or starting a business in Canada. With over 30 years of experience in the employment services sector, you will be joining a successful organization with an innovative and seasoned staff team.
ACCES Employment is looking for a skilled and career-oriented individual who thrives in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
The Entrepreneurship Connections® program is designed for newcomers who plan to start a business in Canada. This innovative and informative program assists newcomers who have owned or operated a business outside of Canada to utilize their experience in the Canadian market. Our clients receive individual coaching to start a business including developing a business plan, receiving legal consultation, and benefiting from the support of an established mentor.
This position is an exceptional career opportunity for someone with program management, business development, and marketing skills in a very dynamic, not-for-profit organization. Reporting to the Director, Entrepreneurship Connections, this position provides an important role in the project management of the Entrepreneurship Connections® program, a self-employment program for newcomers at ACCES. The manager will also provide support and supervision role to the staff working with the Entrepreneurship Connections program. As part of the management team, this is a non-unionized position.
- Manage development, delivery and evaluation of all project components, including participant recruitment, contracts and communications with project partners, stakeholder engagement, quality assurance, and outreach and client management
- Provide support to Director, Entrepreneurship Connections
- Provide management support to the ECP (pre-arrival project)
- Assist with the development and launch of digital content and delivery of program components through the ACCES online platform
- Oversee all aspects of the mentorship program for entrepreneurs (e.g. recruitment, retention, ongoing management and support, Alumni Network, special events, program enhancements)
- Overall consolidation, development and evaluation of the program and ensuring program compliance with funder guidelines and targets. (e.g. eligibility, curriculum development, course delivery, etc.)
- Consults and collaborates with all key stakeholders to manage the design, development, delivery and revision of the program curriculum for a variety of learning modalities (e.g. classroom, e-learning, webinars, etc.). Keeping up to date on sector developments and trends
- Create and coordinate activities of program Advisory Committee
- Collect, prepare and maintain all reports & statistics
- Responsible for file audits to ensure proper documentation
- Provide leadership and supervision to staff and contractors working with the project both at the local and national levels
- Work closely with other ACCES managers and partner organizations to ensure appropriate coordination of program components
- Work closely with Director and internal operations to manage the program budget, allocate resources, approve and track expenditures
- Work with IT department and other stakeholders to develop online marketing and tools specific to this program
- Responsible for carrying out the above responsibilities and all other duties as required by Management
An organized self-starter with experience and/or education in the following areas:
- A university degree and 5 years of experience in Human Services, including supervision and program or project management
- Strong knowledge of small business development and entrepreneurship, including an understanding of market trends and resources for small business, particularly as they relate to newcomers
- Experience working with a diverse community
- Excellent problem solving skills, creativity and ability to both lead teams and work in a team
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and self-management skills to work effectively with clients, co-workers, outside agencies and employers representing ACCES
- Demonstrated experience in case and file management
- Experience working in an MS Office environment; familiarity with Internet, Excel spreadsheets and databases
- Flexible to work occasional evenings and weekend hours
- Ability to travel and oversee delivery nationally as needed
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
Make sure to note the position of interest in the subject line of your email.
(Please note, we will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted)
Candidates may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.