Achev is looking for a Project Manager for the National LINC Online Curriculum and Online PBLA Project. The Project Manager will be responsible for planning, execution and closing; ensuring that the needs and goals of the project are met and the commitments on cost, quality, schedule, scope and time are achieved. The Project Manager will enable collaboration across a geographically dispersed team, monitor project health and provide regular project updates to stakeholders and project team members.
Until March 2025, this project will develop Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) online curriculum for Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) levels 3 to 5 across all skill areas (L/S/R/W). The project will contribute to building the infrastructure to support LINC service providers across Canada in the delivery of efficient and effective online language training. The project aims to optimize use of public funds, enable LINC instructors across Canada to use a PBLA supported, ready-made solution for their online or blended training programs, facilitate use of Avenue.ca for distance language education and ultimately provide newcomers with the official language skills needed to achieve their integration goals.
- Project Managing instructional design, development, implementation of courseware, Learning Manage System (LMS) integration, and supporting end-user communication and training
- Team recruitment, team building, team motivation, and direction
- Complete staff supervisory duties in accordance with company policy
- Manage project budget, review and approve expenses, monitor cash flow, forecast costs and review financial claims
- Manage project schedules, track and communicate project status, issues, risks, and decisions to stakeholders
- Manage subcontracting agreements and stakeholder relationships
- Lead preparation and delivery of project related reports and presentations to stakeholders
- Be accountable for on-time delivery of deliverables
- Record project data for future estimating and continuous improvement processes
- Assist with testing, quality assurance, writing communication copy, and other duties as needed
- Collaborate with management and operational staff on facilities and operational issues as needed
- Post Secondary Degree in relevant area
- PMP certification or sufficient work experience applying PMP guidelines
- 4+ years direct project management experience leading training, software or technology projects
- 2+ years experience managing large-scale, custom, multi-year eLearning or technology projects
- Able to provide leadership and direction in a virtual team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Able to communicate professionally and facilitate meetings with varied stakeholders including funders, advisory committee members, vendors, and staff
- Strong budgeting and scheduling skills
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Teams, Outlook), Google Drive, Survey Monkey, MailChimp and cloud-based applications to support virtual teams
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies
- Flexibility to occasionally work evenings and travel within Canada
- Knowledge of instructional design principles preferred
- Experience with eLearning tools an asset
- Moodle and/or general LMS experience an asset
- Not-for-profit or settlement sector experience an asset.
Our Vaccination policy requires staff to disclose their status as either vaccinated, unvaccinated or do not wish to disclose. Anyone who does not disclose whether they are vaccinated or are unvaccinated will have to do online COVID-19 education, attend third-party medical agency counselling, and follow mandatory testing twice a week. That being said, given the fluid nature of the virus, the policy is subject to change as the pandemic evolves and may be amended to meet public health requirements.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover to: