Applications are invited for the following position:
Position: Project Facilitator, Future Care Project
Reports to: Community Connection Manager
Start date: May 3rd, 2021
Newcomer Centre of Peel (NCP) is a multi-service agency that assists the entire newcomer family in achieving settlement. With experience and expertise in English language training; employability and business start-up and comprehensive settlement services including programs for women, children, youth, and seniors; NCP offers a dedication to service quality. Through innovation and a progressive attitude, we leverage the broad experience of our staff and community partners to overcome settlement barriers.
The Future Care Project Facilitator will develop employment-related language and workplace communications skills to support newcomers to enter the workforce as Care Workers. This preparatory training course will combine practical skills training with communication, patient care, and support techniques. Key elements involving physiology, anatomy, mental and physical health, working with individuals with cognitive disorders (e.g., Dementia or Alzheimer’s), non-violent Crisis Intervention, and First Aid and CPR will be explored throughout the course curriculum.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
1. Develop and deliver “Future Care” project curriculum based on project guidelines.
2. Facilitate online activities that develop employment-related language and workplace communication skills to support entry into the workforce as Care Workers.
3. Identify and access additional resources, such as internal and external guest speakers, resource materials, articles, and program support information.
4. Ensure clients are engaging and retaining course materials through evaluation and follow ups.
5. Conduct outreach, orientation, assessment, and intake functions as required.
6. Work with Program Managers in designing and updating workshop material.
7. Assist in the assessment of the project’s effectiveness and present solutions to enhance service effectiveness on an ongoing basis and as part of the larger agency service system.
8. Attend staff, department and committee meetings as required.
9. Other duties as required.
1. Post-secondary education in social sciences or human services field.
2. 2+ years’ proven experience as a group facilitator.
3. Knowledge of group facilitation techniques (online and in-person).
4. Self-motivated, creative, and energetic; an ability to work as part of an effective team with other program staff, committee members, community members and other community professionals.
5. Preference will be given to those candidates with current First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
6. Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office (especially Word, E-mail, Internet)
7. Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
8. Be goal-oriented & highly organized.
9. Excellent communication skills and experience working with a variety of clients from varied occupations, levels of education and cultures.
10. Tactful and encouraging when assisting clients.
11. Excellent research skills; interested in continually adding and creating resources.
Application Deadline: Friday, April 9 2021 by 3 pm
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. In the spirit of the Human Rights Code, we ask that resumes not include personal data such as age, health, marital and family status, place of origin and gender.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “Project Facilitator – Future Care” on the subject line.