ACCES Employment is a leading non-profit organization that assists jobseekers from diverse backgrounds. We deliver a range of programs at locations across the GTA and we offer online services to job seekers across Canada and pre-arrival. Serving more than 34,000 jobseekers each year, ACCES delivers customized programs that focus on connecting our clients with leading employers or starting a business in Canada. With over 30 years of experience in the employment services sector, you will be joining a successful organization with an innovative and seasoned staff team.
ACCES is looking for people who thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program.
As part of the management team, the Project Coordinator, Engineering Connections will work alongside the Director of Services, Engineering & Technology Projects to ensure overall effective program delivery of the Engineering Connections program including daily operations, planning, scheduling and administration.
This position is primarily based in our Mississauga location, however since the Engineering Connections Program is delivered at multiple sites the Project Coordinator will travel to other ACCES locations to support the program.
- Provide support and supervision to the project staff as directed by the Director of Services, Engineering & Technology Projects (may include providing back-up in absence of the Director)
- Assists with HR activities to support the Director of Services, Engineering & Technology Projects including interviewing and hiring of staff, conducting orientation and training, scheduling staff vacations, performance reviews, planning staff professional development, etc.
- Works with the Director of Services, Engineering & Technology Projects to oversee daily project administration
- Assists with planning and scheduling of all program activities
- Reviews client files to ensure appropriate documentation
- Assists with the development and implementation of systems and procedures for the evaluation of the program, ensuring compliance with funder guidelines and targets
- Assists with the preparation of regular reports and statistics as required
- Supports program with community outreach as well as employer outreach
- Assist program team with ensuring all client needs are met
- Responsible for overseeing program delivery in the Director’s absence
- Follow and enforce procedures established to protect worker health and safety
- Other duties as assigned including support of site activities and staff supervision as required, and evening supervisor shift rotation
An organized self-starter with experience and/or education in the following areas:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience in a similar environment, preferably in project coordination/management
- Demonstrated experience in case and file management
- Exceptional organizational skills, and able to take initiative
- An expert ability to consider, manage and attend to details
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and creative skills
- Ability to work effectively with clients, co-workers, outside agencies and employers
- Ability to handle the privacy of personal information and use sound judgment in protecting its confidential and sensitive nature
- Exceptional planning, organization and problem solving skills; must be pro-active, and have a sense of urgency
- Proficient in computer applications to manage schedules, statistics, and client tracking
- Thorough knowledge of all facets of job search and career development including an understanding of sector-specific labour market trends and resources
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel between program delivery locations, as needed
- Experience in the non-profit sector and working with a diverse community, as well as experience in and knowledge of the engineering sector are considered an asset
Contract Duration: One year contract with possibility of extension
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume and cover letter indicating on the subject line the position of interest to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
Please Note: This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidate may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identify or gender expression.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you to all applicants. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, please.