OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
As a member of the dynamic and growing Youth Program team, the incumbent will work closely with the Manager to coordinate and deliver the E-Homework Club Project. The incumbent provides leadership to staff and volunteers in order to meet the strategic goals and priorities of OCISO. This incumbent is responsible for conducting intake, assessment and referrals, recruiting, supporting, training, and placing immigrant and Canadian volunteers to help provide remote and possible face-to-face academic support to newcomer youth. This position requires excellent time management and interpersonal skills and a strong desire to help newcomer youth integrate as part of a dynamic and diverse team.
Reports to: Manager of Youth Services (YOCISO)
- Coordinate project; establish and monitor work plan in consultation with core partners; ensure strong reporting, evaluation framework, communication strategy
- Deliver activities required under evaluation framework and prepare progress/final reports
- Ensure the program meets identified targets, and submit program reports and statistics as required
- Promote the program, build links with other youth serving agencies, and outreach to potential partners
- Develop and deliver networking sessions
- Deliver orientation sessions to clients
- Provide referrals to other programs/services as needed
- Participate on internal committees and working groups as required
- Maintain database for the purpose of detailed activity/outcome tracking and reporting
- Demonstrate a commitment to OCISO’s culture of respect management approach and anti-racism/anti oppression policy within the work environment and in the community
- Develop and lead virtual professional development workshops with youth
- Knowledge of office procedures, Microsoft Office Suite and Electronic Communications is imperative
- Must be capable of setting priorities and working under pressure
- Must be attentive to detail and apply problem solving skills in a fast-paced work setting meeting deadlines
- University or College Diploma in the Management of Volunteer Resources or post secondary education in social science or administration with years of working experience in program coordination
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas; volunteer coordination, project management
- Knowledge of the Canadian school systems and academic supports needed for newcomer youth
- Excellent organizational, coordination and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Proficiency with current computer applications including the MS Office Suite, internet-based productivity tools and databases
- Fluency in English essential, French and other languages desirable
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment
Term: Part-time – 17.5 hours per week (September 2020 – March 31, 2021)
Salary & Benefits: $46,000 - $47,400 annually, based on a 35 hour workweek (prorated for part-time). Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, an RRSP plan and a generous leave entitlement.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and a resume by August 21, 2020 before 5:00 p.m. to:
Halimah Shaw, H.R. Administrator
OCISO encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview.