INTERNAL/EXTERNAL OCISO JOB POSTING
Position: Project Coordinator – YESS – Youth Foundations Employment Project
Term: Part-time – 21 hours per week (March 2021 – Indefinite)
Reports to: Manager of Youth Services (YOCISO)
OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
As a member of the dynamic and growing Youth Program team, the incumbent will work closely with the Manager to coordinate and deliver the YESS – Youth Foundations Employment Project.
This incumbent is responsible for conducting intake, assessment and referrals; facilitating workshops, providing one-on-one employment counselling services for eligible YESS clients, facilitate job placements and make vital connections with employers. This position requires excellent time management and interpersonal skills and a strong desire to help newcomer youth integrate as part of a dynamic and diverse team.
• Coordinate project; establish and monitor work plan in consultation with core partners; ensure strong reporting, evaluation framework, communication strategy
• Deliver activities required under evaluation framework and prepare progress/final reports
• Develop employment counselling curriculum
• Employment Counselling: conduct client intake and assessments; assess client’s employment readiness, and define short/long term career goals
• Develop and deliver networking sessions
• Deliver orientation sessions to clients
• Provide referrals to other programs/services as needed
• Participate on internal committees and working groups as required
• Maintain database for the purpose of detailed activity/outcome tracking and reporting
• Demonstrate a commitment to OCISO’s culture of respect management approach and anti-racism/anti oppression policy within the work environment and in the community
• Develop and lead virtual professional development workshops with youth
• Must be capable of setting priorities and working under pressure
• Must be attentive to detail and apply problem solving skills in a fast-paced work setting meeting deadlines
• University degree or college diploma in Human Resources, Career Coaching, or a related field
• 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas; employment supports, human resources, career coaching/counselling, labour market integration
• Knowledge of the labour market trends and challenges faced by Visible Minority Newcomer to Canada
• Excellent organizational, coordination and presentation skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Effective interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
• Proficiency with current computer applications including the MS Office Suite, internet-based productivity tools and databases
• Fluency in English essential.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment
• Knowledge of office procedures, Microsoft Office Suite and Electronic Communications is imperative
Salary & Benefits: $46,000 - $47,000 annually, based on a 35 hour work week (prorated for part-time). Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, an RRSP plan and a generous leave entitlement
Application Deadline: March 3, 2021 by 5:00 p.m.
How To Apply
We encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
Please send a cover letter and a resume to Halimah Shaw, H.R. Administrator: email@example.com.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview.