Are you a university or college student with strong experience writing and managing outstanding content for social media? Are you passionate about using communications skills to make a difference for immigrants in Ottawa? Refugee 613 needs you this summer!
OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
About Refugee 613:
Refugee 613 is an agile and innovative communications hub that informs, connects and inspires people to welcome refugees and build strong communities. Created by a network of volunteers, settlement agencies, sponsorship groups and community partners, we are an independent, non-partisan, grassroots project hosted by OCISO.
The Project Assistant position, funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program, will provide key operational support to the Refugee 613 team in fulfilling its mission to support the integration of refugees in Ottawa.
Reports to: Stakeholder Liaison, Refugee 613
- Assist the Director and Refugee 613 staff with stakeholder support, including answering inquiries and providing referrals
- Administrative tasks as required, including scheduling, meeting coordination, emails and contact database management
- Assist with planning and executing events as well as training for community partners, private refugee sponsors and the general public
- Supporting stakeholder commuications as needed
- Demonstrate a commitment to OCISO’s culture of respect approach
- Aged between 15 and 30 years old
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Experience with office management and administrative tasks, such as scheduling, including communicating with external partners
- Demonstrated ability to write clear communications with excellent grammar
- Experience planning and delivering meetings, learning events and social events
- Highly motivated, creative and organized
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent verbal and written knowledge of English required; proficiency in French and/or third language considered an asset
- Ability to work with a small, mission-driven team in a sensitive, respectful manner
- Experience in working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task and work independently
- Proficiency with the full MS Office Suite, Mail Chimp, WordPress, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
Term: Summer 2020, July – August (8 weeks, Full Time, 35hrs/week)
How to Apply:
Note: Applications that do not follow these instructions will not be considered
Please send the following documents to Halimah Shaw, H.R. Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 16, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- A cover letter, with the following file name: NAME_CommsAsst_CoverLetter
- A resume with the following file name: NAME_ CommsAsst_Resume
- A sample of your writing. It can be a blog post, a short essay, or a social media campaign you have worked on
- In your cover letter, please summarize in 250 words or less how you meet the Essential Qualifications, listed above. Do not summarize your work history in your cover letter
OCISO encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview.