African Community Services of Peel (ACS) is looking for a progressive individual to fill the position of Programs Manager. This Position requires a dynamic, professional leader with proven program management experience in human services preferably in settlement service delivery at a senior level. This Position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the development, management and evaluation of identified community-based settlement programs and services at African Community Services.
- Ensure appropriate and timely planning, development, delivery, evaluation and reporting on agency programs to meet identified and contracted program outcomes
- Assist staff in developing program logic models, service delivery plans, evaluation and data collection tools
- Ensure collection by program staff of statistical data and information on all programs
- Research and implement best-practices in program delivery to ensure evidence-based outcomes
- Ensure timely evaluation of all programs using the Outcomes Based Evaluation Framework.
- Review outcome targets for respective programs and services and provide opportunities for staff input for improvement
- Provide effective leadership to program staff, Co-op students and volunteers including facilitating regular staff meetings for program updates and staff support.
- Assist staff in development and submission of interim program reports
- Assist the Executive Director in resource development activities including researching and developing funding proposals, attending networking, collaborative and partnership meetings
- Assist the Executive Director in ensuring timely and accurate reporting for all agency programs as per funding Agreements.
- Routinely review and report to the Executive Director on program-specific key performance indicators, program needs, opportunities and risks
- Develop and maintain strategic collaborations/networks/partnerships with other service providers for referral, joint service planning and delivery and information sharing purposes
- Represent the Executive Director at Community and networking meetings
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Executive Director.
- At least 3-year post-secondary education in Social Work or any other relevant/related field
- Proven community-based program management skills with proven experience in program development, delivery, evaluation and reporting
- Strong ability to manage virtual, blended and in-office programs and services
- Proven ability to conceptualize and develop program logic models, program delivery and implementation plans
- Proven program management and supervision skills
- Ability to design, develop and implement program reporting and evaluation tools
- Experience in outcomes evaluation including ability to analyze data and generate program reports as required
- Ability to identify and problem-solve key programming issues to ensure best program outcomes
- Proven ability to manage and adhere to program budgets and/or constraints
- Ability to assume responsibility for the direct and indirect deliverables of program staff, volunteers and placement students including ability to support staff and to build their capacity
- Ability to liaise with partners, stakeholders and when necessary attend external meetings
- Proven experience in researching funding sources including preparation of funding proposals
- Experience in relevant software application tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other data collection and analysis tools
- Sensitivity to issues facing African Canadian newcomers with proven ability to apply relevant social research findings to community needs identification and programming
- Superior written, verbal communication and report writing skills
Extremely Competitive Salary based on experience + plus Mandatory Benefits
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence January 28, 2022 to:
ACS is an equal opportunity employer that strongly values and practices the principles of diversity equity and Inclusion, the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Thank you to all interested applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.