Malton Neighborhood Services (MNS) is a non-profit charitable organization that provides a variety of programs and community support services since 1975. Eligible candidates are invited to apply for the Programs Director position.
The Programs Director position reporting to the Executive Director will be a senior member of the Management Team and is responsible for developing the agency’s services, operational planning, priority setting, evaluation and management of MNS services. This role will be responsible for managing people, processes and various programs. A background in non-profit management, organizational skills and strong leadership skills will help an incumbent be successful in this role.
- Provide leadership to a team of Program Managers to ensure effective and efficient program and personnel management
- Support the Executive Director on ensuring successful program outcomes
- Identify trends and opportunities; develop and implement priorities and services in consultation with the Executive Director
- Provide direction and leadership to client centred, outcome-based programs and services ensuring they meet funders’ objectives and are consistent with the service standards, values, and goals of MNS
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met in a complete, accurate and timely manner as required by the agency and meeting contract requirements
- Implement appropriate data, recording and evaluation systems and ensure all information and reporting requirements are met in a timely manner
- Develop budgets and meet accountability requirements of funders, including all levels of government and foundation funders
- Develop and monitor a multi-funded budget
- Foster a collaborative approach to program delivery with community stakeholders, between MNS programs and across the agency
- Ensure compliance with existing MNS policies and procedures
- Provide oversight for the recruitment and performance management for all program staff
- Build and support internal capacity of program staff
- As a member of the Senior Management team, work collaboratively with all management staff to ensure coordinated and consistent operational standards and service delivery
- Provide guidance and coaching to the management team
- Represent the agency on committees, networks and partnerships that support and further the mission and strategic directions of MNS and address issues pertinent to newcomers
- Support the Executive Director with ad hoc duties as required
- A degree in Social Work or the Humanities; or equivalent training in human services
- 7 + years of experience at a management level in a human service environment or non profit management
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing a wide variety of programs and services
- Experience with managing and developing a multi-cultural, multi-location staff team delivering services to a multi-cultural client group
- Experience with effective outcome-based program evaluation/measurement systems and tools
- Demonstrated experience in developing successful funding program proposals
- Knowledge of the legislation and best practices in human resource management
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, problem solving, diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong influence change management and team building skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with diverse groups of stakeholders internally and externally
- Knowledge of legislation, policies and issues regarding refugees and immigrants
- Self-directed and self-motivated; able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Superior written and oral communication skills in English; demonstrated cross-cultural communication skills
- Ability to work within the policies and practices of the agency
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively with available technology (MS Office, web-based applications, data management)
- Ability to travel within Peel Region and the Greater Toronto Area on a regular basis; valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a car is an asset
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter by June 15, 2020 to:
Upon hire, the candidate must provide a police records check. Thank you to all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Malton Neighbourhood Services is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Thank you to all applicants for applying however, we regret only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.