Brampton Multicultural Centre (BMC) is a charity, established in 1987, that provides settlement and social services to newcomer, immigrant and the larger community in the Peel Region. Our mandate is to enable less advantaged individuals, families and groups in the community to achieve their potential, improve their life skills and build their futures. The Program Support Worker will support services to students and parents to ensure that newcomer families are aware of and enabled to access the full array of community services.
- Receive and direct all incoming telephone calls and provide information and referrals
- Conduct initial intake and needs assessments to drop-in / virtual clients and complete program assessment forms
- Register clients into the program; organize client questionnaires, evaluations and feedback surveys.
- Refer clients to other internal and external programs and services as needed
- Perform clerical and general duties such as: word processing, spreadsheets, photocopying and faxing; creating program flyers using Adobe software
- Maintain office equipment including telephone and fax programming, copiers, printers and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions. Order office supplies and most requested forms and applications
- Maintain and update social media platforms related to the project/organization, includes Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Maintain inventory control of resource materials and other necessary documents and/or supplies
- Participate in virtual team meetings, staff meetings and committee meetings as required; take minutes and prepare agendas
- Conduct research and analysis, supporting the Assistant Manager with program evaluation
- Pick up supplies, and set up information sessions (food, registration, room booking etc.)
- Abide by the internal policies and procedures of the organization and to the privacy and confidentiality of the client’s information
- Collect statistical information, write reports and analyze trends, challenges and opportunities
- Any other related duties complementary to the job
- Reports to Executive Director or his/her designate
- Minimum high school diploma with minimum 2 years of experience working within the non-profit sector. Post-secondary education is an asset
- Knowledge of non-profit sector and issues affecting newcomers
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy and consistency of work a necessity
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Sound team player, with the ability to collaborate and share ideas
- Flexible, self-motivated, able to work independently, and be able to maintain good relations with clients and co-workers
- Ability to work with diverse people and communities with awareness to socio-economic and cultural barriers
- Capability to handle multiple priorities with ease and professionalism; able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Microsoft Teams, OneDrive and SharePoint; strong familiarity with posting and managing Social Media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Ability to schedule and maintain online booking calendar, schedule virtual meetings and provide troubleshooting if required.
- Fluent in English reading and writing. Second language is a definite asset
- Flexible to work evenings or weekends if and when required
- Police Record Check for Vulnerable Sector is required at your own expense
- Must own vehicle and a valid driver’s license, and liability insurance that covers your vehicle to be used for job related travelling as and when needed.
This contract position is scheduled to begin on October 19th, 2020 until March 31st, 2021 with the possibility of extension.
Working Hours: 35 per week
Location: Peel Region
How to apply:
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter in ONE document (PDF or Word or Rich Text Format) referencing BMC- JC-0178-Program Support Worker - by October 15th, 2020 to:
Human Resources Department
Brampton Multicultural Community Centre
197 County Court Blvd, Suite 303
Brampton, ON L6W 4P6
BMC is an equal opportunity employer that promotes the principles of diversity and equity, and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations are available upon request; all requests must be made to the HR department in advance.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.