Bengali Information and Employment Services (BIES) is a non-profit, community based organization that offers employment, informational and educational supports to the communities in Toronto. Its mission is to promote people’s well-being by giving them with appropriate information, tools and techniques to navigate community resources and opportunities, know-how and courage they need. Under the direction of Executive Director, Program Coordinator will be responsible for planning and implementing the project activities of “Bengali Seniors Making a Healthy Community in Toronto Project” for the inclusion of seniors of the Bengali community living in Toronto in community development.
include, but not limited to:
- Identifying and reaching out seniors and others interested in participating in the project
- Forming a senior group from Bengali community in Toronto
- Planning, organizing and coordinating seminars on different issues where the information will be presented to the interested participants and individuals
- Creating outreach tools and techniques in Bengali and English to reach community people for the events to be organized by BIES in educating people about healthy life style, aging process, chronic diseases, jobs, accessing services and community resources
- Organizing and disseminating information on behalf of the organization
- Organizing one-on-one training sessions for the seniors on social media use
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in social science/work or related fields
- Experience as a front line worker delivering sessions both in program and community development
- Experience in developing outreach and seminar material specifically designed for seniors and others
- Demonstrated experience and interest working with senior people in Toronto
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; strong written and spoken English and Bengali communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Office, Internet/E-mail, Social media
- Flexible to work on weekends and evenings.
This is a limited part time position, and salary $15 per hour.
The position is for one year contract starting from April 2017 and ending on March, 2018.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and a resume in word/pdf format no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 20, 2017 to:
The Hiring Committee
Bengali Information and Employment Services
BIES is an equal opportunity employer.
Thanks to all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.