With 37 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit with a province wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. Skills for Change provides multi-sited employment, job skills, career exploration through mentoring and entrepreneurship, job development, and language and settlement programs and services throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Areas.
Program Nature and Scope:
Reporting to the Supervisor of Programs and Services, provides administrative and operational program support to ensure smooth delivery of Occupational Bridging program.
- Support project development and maintenance
- Assisting with researching various programs/ services for clients
- Assist with scheduling clients and Service coordination- outreach, intake , and follow up
- Assist in working collaboratively with Skills for Change in understanding their needs In designing the workshops and activities
- Assist in gathering data and keeping all the documentation organized i.e. various forms used by the settlement services
- Assist with preparing flyers/ preparing outreach packages
- Assist with preparing surveys and distributing packages and documents for various events and information sessions
- Assist in planning various events planned by the settlement staff
- Assist with research and funding applications
- Represent the agency at events, information booths and community events
- Assist with registering clients for workshops/information sessions/networking/mentoring activities
- Assist with the distribution, collection, collation and analysis of participant surveys and other evaluation methodology mid-way and at the completion of services
- Provide excellent customer service and represent the agency in a positive light to community members and partners
- Support administrative needs (e.g. answering phones, responding to community inquiries, filing, photocopying etc.)
- Writes blog posts, white papers and conducts research to prepare reports
- Other tasks as required
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic employment setting
- Strong customer service skills
- Ethical, positive work attitude
- Punctual, reliable
- Ability to speak a language other than English and French is an asset
- Strong grasp of working online, Gmail, Google docs, Excel, etc.
- Accurate, detail oriented
- College diploma or university degree in Marketing, Project Management or Adult education, or equivalent work experience
- And/or currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution
- And/or relevant direct experience
- Ability to secure a Police Vulnerable Sector Check is mandatory and must be provided prior to starting employment
Contract length: Between 6 to 12 weeks
Hours: Between 30 to 35 hours per week (Monday- Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter by May 30, 2019 to:
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
The agency provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.