The Cross-Cultural Community Services Association (TCCSA) is a not-for-profit organization that aims to facilitate the well-being of diversified communities through social services. The mission of TCCSA is to assist newcomers in adapting to Canadian life in their neighbourhood and to provide support to Canadians in building a stronger community.
TCCSA is seeking one full-time Program Assistant (Maternity Leave Contract) in our Peel Centre. The successful candidate will provide support to the delivery of Language Training and Settlement Services for newcomers and also the related services in the centre.
- To greet visitors/clients and direct them to appropriate program staff
- To direct calls to appropriate program staff, and answer in-person and telephone inquires
- To provide information on programs/services to newcomers, schedule client appointments for language assessment and one-on-one services
- To assist Program Supervisor in the daily operation of the Peel Centre
- To assist program staff in delivering programs
- To ensure the learners meet the eligibility requirements prior to the registration for LINC program
- To provide administrative support to LINC instructors and also update the attendance of LINC classes
- To keep accurate and update information / record of our service users
- To prepare and maintain facility and program materials and information by updating the bulletin boards
- To assist Program Supervisor in keeping an inventory of centre’s materials and supplies
- To assist in program promotion such as making promotional materials, information sheets for the promotion of Settlement Services and Language Training
- To maintain records and service statistics in a timely and professional manners
- To compile client statistics, service data and prepare statistical reports as required
- To perform other duties as may be assigned by Program Supervisor
- College diploma in Social Service Worker or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in settlement and/or community service is an asset
- Experience in using HARTS, iCARE and OCMS is an asset
- Ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with diverse communities, including newcomer/refugee/at-risk/low-income individuals and families
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the needs of newcomers in the various ethnic communities in Peel Region
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to operate effectively within the organization and externally
- Excellent organization skills and time management
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multitask, able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Must have strong customer service orientation
- Ability to cope with changes and be flexible in scheduling
- Ability to focus on detailed planning, information analysis, and report preparation
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, Mandarin and or Cantonese is required
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet and data entry/management
- A clear, mandatory Vulnerable Sector Screening-Police Reference Check
Program Assistant (Maternity Leave Contract)
Job Title: Program Assistant (File #08-20)
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours / week (may require working irregular hours including evenings, weekends and some holidays)
Location: TCCSA Peel Centre / 720 Burnhamthorpe Road W., Unit 2, Mississauga
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter before September 4, 2020, 5:00 pm to:
Applicants should quote File #08-20 / Program Assistant on the application.
Thank you for all those who are interested in this position. Only selected candidates will be contacted for interview. Regrettably we cannot accept telephone inquiries.
TCCSA is an equal opportunity employer. TCCSA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.