- Maintains confidential records for the Program Leader
- Assists in preparing and formatting documents, including PowerPoint presentations
- Develops and maintains an efficient filing system for the team
- aintains participants lists using the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook Exchanger
- Coordinates the translation, proofreading and editing of documents as required
- Organizes regular team meetings and conference calls/video-conferences, often over different time zones, including the preparation and distribution of documents and providing the necessary technical devices
- Takes minutes of regular team meetings and other meetings with the assistances
- Assists maintaining and updating Gifted People Services website on a required basis
- Works with other Program Assistants to coordinate work activities, meet deadlines, and provide support where needed
- Translate training materials to Chinese if needed
- Performs other related duties in accordance with instructions from Program Leaders.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to write in plain language
- Excellent research techniques
- Skills in HTML are an asset
- Experience in video production is an asset
- Fluency in French is a definite asset
Please note: The position is open to full-time students aged 15-30 years; are legally entitled to work in Canada and must be either a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred.
Job Type: Internship
How to apply:
Please submit your covering letter and resume no later than 11:59 p.m. on June 10, 2019 to:
Hiring Committee, Gifted People Services
Gifted People Services is committed to Employment Equity.
Thank you to all applicants for applying. However, we regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.