The Cross-Cultural Community Services Association (TCCSA) is a not-for-profit organization that aims to facilitate the well-being of diversified communities through social services. The mission of TCCSA is to enhance the well-being and resilience of diverse communities by strengthening competencies and fostering participation through effective and professional human services.
TCCSA is seeking one full-time Program Assistant for Peel Centre to provide support to clients and also facilitate their access to our services including online programs.
- To help clients adapt our remote service delivery
- To offer clients an in depth walk-through of how to access our services including online programs
- To provide support to clients or program staff during the program time
- To assist in planning, organizing, and delivery of activities for newcomers and their families
- To support Settlement Workers in outreaching and promoting programs and services through different online platforms
- To respond to clients’ enquires about the access to services including online programs and follow-up in a professional and timely manner
- To arrange and set-up program space, equipment, and materials
- To offer supplemental eLearning resources, online tools to clients and staff members
- To keep accurate and update information / record of our service users
- To support program evaluation activities
- To maintain records and service statistics in a timely and professional manners
- To compile client statistics, service data and prepare statistical reports as required
- To perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
- College diploma in Social Service Worker or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft products, Zoom and social media platforms
- Strong communication skills, especially in the virtual environment
- Ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with diverse communities, including newcomer/refugee/at-risk/low-income individuals and families
- Understanding of, and sensitivity to the needs of newcomers
- Excellent organization skills, time management
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multitask, able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in settlement and/or community service is an asset
- Ability to cope with changes and be flexible in scheduling
- Ability to focus on detailed planning, information analysis, and report preparation
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, as well as a second language commonly used by clientele – Chinese is an asset
- A clear, mandatory Vulnerable Sector Screening-Police Reference Check
This is a full-time temporary contract till March 31, 2021
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours / week (required to working irregular hours including evenings, weekends and some holidays)
Location: TCCSA Peel Centre (File #11-20)
How to apply:
Please submit application by November 17, 2020, 5:00 p.m. to:
Email: email: email@example.com
Applicants should quote File #11-20 Program Assistant on the application.
Thank you to for all those who are interested in this position. Only selected candidates will be contacted for interview. Regrettably we cannot accept telephone inquiries.
TCCSA is an equal opportunity employer. TCCSA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you to all those who are interested in this position. Only selected candidates will be contacted for interview.