The Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization - OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
Screens and directs incoming telephone calls, visitors and clients. Maintains an orderly reception area and provide an information on OCISO LINC programs and other organization services. Also responsible for procedural development as it relates to OCISO’s administrative tasks.
Reports to: LINC Program Manager
- Greet clients and answer phone calls
- Provide information on OCISO LINC programs and other OCISO services
- Provide referrals to other ESL Programs
- Provide administrative support to LINC Manager (filing, photocopying, CLARS updates, etc.)
- Maintaining attendance records in data system
- Pricing, tendering, and ordering program supplies, services and materials
- Registration of new students using the HARTS data system
- Follows policies and procedures as outlined by the Ministry in accordance with licensing policies and OCISO policies
- Performs other duties as necessary in the performance of the position and as assigned
- Post-secondary education at a college diploma level or higher
- Demonstrated professional and confidential work ethic
- Effective interpersonal and cross cultural communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Good communication skills and ability to take initiative
- Excellent verbal and written knowledge of English essential, another language is an asset
- Proficiency with current computer applications including the MS Office Suite, internet based productivity tools and databases
Term: Part Time – 15 h/week, August 2017- March, 2018 (except 2 weeks in December & March Break)
Hours: 5:00pm – 8:00pm Monday to Friday
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and a resume by 5:00p.m. August 11th, 2017 to:
Halimah Shaw, H.R Administrator
OCISO encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Coordinator upon scheduling your interview.