Placement Facilitator, Employment Access Program – Toronto
(Full time 35hrs/week, permanent)
CCS is a settlement agency providing services that assist in the settlement and integration of immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status. We are seeking a full time Placement Facilitator to secure and oversee volunteer work placements for clients in the Employment Access Program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Secure, monitor and oversee volunteer work placement opportunities for clients enrolled in the ELT Healthcare and Language Training Childminding and Food Handling programs
· Support clients to develop action plans to meet their placement and employment goals; review, update and revise as needed
· Support the development and maintenance of strong and effective relationships to provide suitable placement and potential employment opportunities for clients
· Develop and facilitate employment – related training sessions to support client placement and employment goals
· Provide tailored employment support including resume and cover letter writing, interviewing skills practice, navigating online volunteer and employment search platforms
· Develop marketing and promotional correspondence and materials to recruit placement partners
· Conduct evaluation of placement partnerships and conduct regular meetings with placement partners to review the relationship and ensure effective service delivery
· Provide long-term (3 months+) follow up support and case management with clients who have completed the EAP Program, including settlement and employment plan review and revision as required
· Maintain client files and ensure accurate and up-to-date records of clients' progress are kept
· Provide internal and external referrals as required
· Prepare and submit accurate and timely statistical, financial and progress reports as required
· Support EAP team and manager in ensuring agency's goals and funder's contractual obligations are met
· Maintain currency with industry trends; update labor market information by researching online and other resources networking and building relationships with stakeholders
· Provide support to EAP team in developing and executing outreach plans to promote the program and recruit participants;
· Provide recommendations for improvement, development and/or expansion to ensure proactive response to clients' changing needs
· Assist Program Manager with supervision of volunteers and placement students as assigned
· Perform other duties as required
· Post-secondary degree or diploma in Social Work, Settlement Work, Adult Education, Career and Work Counselling or equivalent work experience
· Experience in business development and relationship management across sectors
· Experience in group facilitation and working with clients from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds
· Superior knowledge of resources available to volunteers and sourcing available volunteer opportunities
· Experience organizing information sessions, speakers, workshops, etc.
· Knowledge of career counselling with an emphasis on identifying and overcoming barriers to employment
· Current working knowledge of professional practice standards and licensing requirements in Ontario
· Demonstrated knowledge of current Canadian Labour Market and employment trends
· Demonstrated knowledge of relevant internal and external resources for clients
· Self-directed, self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
· Demonstrated willingness to work in a flexible manner in order to meet shifting priorities
· Exceptional time management skills with proven record of being able to meet simultaneously occurring deadlines
· Demonstrated cross-cultural communication skills
· Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes required evening and weekend hours
· Ability to travel within the GTA (regular) & within Ontario (occasional) to provide services & attend meetings, conferences, etc.
· Excellent oral and written English skills are required, second language relevant to the community is an asset
· Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, Outlook and internet applications
· Possession of a valid Ontario Driver's License and access to a car is an asset
Reports to: Employment Access Program Manager (Toronto)
Hours of work: 35 hrs/week. Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required
How to apply:
Please refer to CCS job portal on https://ccs.sutihr.com/jobs requisition code T363. Please apply no later than 5:00pm on Friday, September 30th, 2022.
Vaccination remains the most effective tool to reduce the risk of COVID 19. CCS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, and therefore CCS requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination OR to submit to regular, frequent antigen testing at the expense of the employee.
CCS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. CCS is an equal opportunity employer.