Canadian Centre for Information and Knowledge is a registered not for profit organization aims to empower people through information and knowledge.
This is an eight-week 35 hours per week Canada Summer Jobs funded contract position reporting to the Director, Program and Services. The position will conduct outreach to potential clients in Toronto, perform follow ups, assist organizing workshops and perform other related administrative duties.
- Conduct outreach in the Agency’s catchment area and attend meetings to promote the Services
- Oversee organizational event planning, coordination, and implementation including budgeting, logistics, and evaluation
- Assist in updating the Agency’s website and social media with information and events
- Enter and keep accurate records of relevant documentation in the database
- Process all incoming vendor invoices – matching against purchase orders correct accounts with consistent reporting and informative memo/description
- Maintain client confidentiality and adhere to organizational policies and procedures
- Perform other duties, appropriate to the position, as required
- This position would provide job related experience for youth wanting to pursue post-secondary education. Preference will be given in the following programs;
Social Services Worker, Business, Marketing or related subjects
To be eligible, youth must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid SIN at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Ability to deal with others effectively: Good time-management skills with attentive to details
- Should be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision and flexible to work on some weekends and evenings
Terms: 8 weeks, 35 hours per week contract position
Duration: From June -August 23, 2019
Pay Rate: $14.00 per hour
Job Location: Scarborough
How to Apply:
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter with “N2019CSJ-EOA,” in the subject line by May 31, 2019 to:
Thank you to all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.