The Refugee Hub is seeking an Outreach Officer starting in June 2017 for a period of one (1) year to help build the fundraising and communications capacity of the Hub team. Working closely with Jennifer Bond and the Hub Director, the Outreach Officer will help develop fundraising and communications strategies for the Hub, and will lead in the execution of those strategies through proposal writing, supporting the maintenance of strong donor relationships through accountable reporting structures, relationship management and stewardship, and maintaining ongoing communications and public outreach activities of the Refugee Hub.
This is a full-time position based in Ottawa, Ontario and is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious professional to build leadership skills on two dynamic portfolios while gaining practical exposure to a broad range of development and communications activities.
Specific duties include:
- In collaboration with the Hub Director, develop and execute both a fundraising and communications strategy for the organization;
- In partnership with Hub leadership and staff, identify strategic opportunities and develop compelling proposals and other narrative materials for prospective donors, including developing fundraising systems and tools to approach foundations, private sector stakeholders and individual giving
- In partnership with program leads, support the submission of grant reports, annual reports and other accountability tools for the organization
- Provide leadership and ongoing maintenance of the Refugee Hub’s online presence, including a refresh of our website, building more strategic media engagement, and ensuring regular and impactful social media engagement
- Develop and design promotional materials and other communications resources for the Hub
- Monitor and report on engagement metrics and maintain up-to-date and organized records of both the communications and fundraising files
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 2 years of relevant fundraising experience, including proposal writing and strategy development as well as 2 years of relevant communications experience
- Demonstrated success in securing major gifts and in successful grant and proposal writing
- Demonstrated maturity, tact, integrity and diplomacy with a professional presence and manner capable of exercising independent judgment and flexibility
- Possess exemplary communication skills – written, oral and presentation including well developed networking ability
- Excellent organizational, research and project management skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter by midnight Sunday June 18, 2017 by e-mail to:
Amy Bartlett E-mail: Amy.Bartlett@refugeehub.ca and
Malaika Njau E-mail: Malaika.Njau@refugeehub.ca
Please include “Outreach Officer” in the subject line.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.