Program Overview – Community Care
WoodGreen is an anchor partner in the East Toronto Ontario Health Team (OHT) and a member of the East Toronto Health Partners (ETHP) together with patients, families and caregivers, Michael Garron Hospital (Toronto East Health Network), Providence Healthcare (Unity Health), South Riverdale Community Health Centre (on behalf of East Toronto CHCs), VHA Home HealthCare (VHA), Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) Home and Community Care, and East Family Practice Network (EFPN). The ETHP provides a comprehensive basket of health and social services, tailored to meet changing local needs. The ETHP provides primary to acute care, food security to supportive housing, home-based healthcare and community support services, birth to end-of-life care, and settlement to employment. The partnership is built on a legacy of trust in East Toronto, with a multi-decade track record of delivering ‘made in East Toronto’ solutions together with our partners for more than 20 years.
- Provide outreach to vulnerable populations, particularly seniors, for the Mobile Flu vaccination surge initiative.
- Participate in designing, developing, organizing, and implementing effective outreach.
- Provide information to people over the telephone and door-to-door about flu vaccinations.
- Offer mobile flu vaccinations and seek peoples’ consent to receive the flu vaccination.
- Electronically prepopulating the required flu vaccination consent form.
- Provide information about the Toronto Seniors Helpline and the supports and services it can provide to seniors.
- Provide support to clients and staff during in-person vaccination clinic days.
- Coordinate the scheduling and tasks of volunteers and provide operational and logistical support
- Bachelor’s degree in Gerontology or a Health Care related discipline, or a relatable degree with a significant amount of directly related experience required.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience working with and engaging seniors or vulnerable populations and supporting the design, organization, and implementation of activities, outreach and/or engagement initiatives.
What Will Set You Apart
- Fluent in verbal and written English
- Strong outreach and engagement skills
- Excellent communication skills in working with seniors
- Ability to promote the flu vaccination
- Ability to deal with challenging situations with tact and diplomacy
- Good understanding and knowledge of seniors’ issues related to health and wellness
- Knowledge of the Toronto Seniors Helpline and the services and supports it can provide
- Knowledge of community resources for older adults and vulnerable populations
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong ability to work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds and marginalized individuals
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong computer skills in Windows environment
- Second language(s) (eg. Urdu, Gujarati, Tamil, Bengali, Dari, Greek, Bantu Languages, Cantonese, Mandarin) to serve the client group(s) is considered a strong asset
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to: