COSTI REQUIRES A FACILITATOR, ONTARIO WORKS LIFE MANAGEMENT SKILLS FOR ITS EMPLOYMENT SERVICES TORONTO LOCATION
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This is a fee for services program for individuals in receipt of Ontario Works.
This is a full-time non-union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.**
• Provide intake, assessment, counselling, and referrals for clients in the Toronto Employment and Social Services Purchase of Employment Services (POES) system.
• Participate in outreach to Toronto Employment and Social Services (TESS) caseworkers.
• Participate in community outreach activities to identify community resources, services, and programs supporting and addressing clients’ issues resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Prepare and facilitate 8 weeks of small group and individualized virtual workshops covering life skills and life stabilization topics i.e. Stress Management, Mental Health, Housing, Hygiene and Food Security and concerns resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Provide information to clients on how to research community services and available supports for their particular needs and assist them where they are having difficulty in accessing those services.
• Work together with clients to develop an action plan that will address the immediate needs and issues manifested from the pandemic. Present this case plan and other service pathways to the TESS Case Worker.
• Provide follow up and case management including counselling and support for six (6) months after core program completion. Records all service activities and outcomes in the POES system.
• Prepare and submit statistical and services reports into the POES system.
• Participate in community outreach activities.
• Arranges guest speakers as needed.
• Social Services Worker Diploma or equivalent with relevant work experience.
• Minimum twelve (12) months of full-time counselling, facilitation experience. Preference will be given to those working with Ontario Works marginalized and hard to serve clients.
• Must have experience in facilitating workshop covering at least 6 topics of Life Management Skills( Stress and Time Management, interpersonal and communication skill, anger
management, social development skills/ emotional intelligence, Problem solving and decision making skills) and Life Stabilization Skills ( Mental Health, Housing, Hygiene, fitness/wellness strategies and coping skills, family and child support services, education resources and supports, and Food Security and concerns resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.).
• Experience working within the POES system is an asset.
• Strong knowledge and experience working with Ontario Works case workers and marginalized client groups from the City of Toronto.
• Must be able to work independently and be self-directed carrying a on a full caseload, and poses strong case management skills.
• Level B Certification in Intake Assessment tools is considered an asset.
• Though knowledge of local community-based services and programs that support marginalized groups facing multiple barriers and issues.
• Demonstrated skills providing services using virtual tools: zoom, high five, web apps, internet, and Windows environment software etc.
• Sensitive to and aware of the social problems facing immigrants and in particular marginalized community groups who face multiple barriers resulting from COVID-19.
• Life skills Training Coach Certificate would be an asset.
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Subject to the response of those on Notice of Recall, this position may be open to Union members on a secondment basis.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, by clicking on the below link: