Catholic Crosscultural Services - CCS is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or stat us. CCS is seeking a full time contract Online Citizenship Program Worker to facilitate online citizenship training and supportive activities for immigrants across Canada to enable them to obtain citizenship and become more engaged and integrated in Canada.
Reports to: Online Citizenship Program Manager
- Work with Program Manager in achieving critical outcomes including citizenship status and civic integration of newcomer clients
- Work with Program Manager to implement an interactive and dynamic curriculum, supportive activities and online program for newcomer adult learners across Canada
- Lead the client-centred citizenship training using online modular instruction tool, webinar and online discussion forum and supportive activities in English and French
- Ensure information presented on website/training tools and activities are accurate, complete and up-to-date
- Dialogue with newcomers and responds to queries received on-line (via webinars, forums, discussion boards etc.)
- Facilitate appropriate internal and external referrals and access to available services online and across Canada
- Provide supportive follow-up services to ensure clients’ goals have been met
- Participate in program evaluations as required by funding contracts and CCS policies and provide recommendations on program improvement
- Work with Program Manager in the development and implementation of outreach strategies to promote the online training to clients across Canada and ensure adequate enrollment in online courses and supportive activities
- Participate in the regular program, team and regional meetings
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely statistical and progress reports to Program Manager
- Entry of service data into an agency database OCMS on a regular basis
- Ensure the confidentiality of all client and agency files and documentation in accordance with all applicable legislations and policies
- Responsible use and care of all CCS equipment and resources
- University degree or diploma in Social Sciences, Humanities, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
- Knowledge and experience delivering online modules and web-conferencing tools (e.g. Go to Webinar, Adobe Connect, WebEx) required
- Experience in the area of adult education
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and French required
- Previous work experience in settlement services/community work and or knowledge, understand and sensitivity to issues affecting newcomers to Canada
- Superior knowledge of Canadian citizenship process, settlement system, community resources and services
- Good organizational skill, able to multi-task and maintain a high level of accuracy in data collection and reporting
- Superior interview, assessment, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability in working effectively in partnership with other service providers
- Demonstrated cross-cultural communication skills with clients, other agencies and the public, commitment to anti-oppression, a client-centred service delivery and equity
- Demonstrated ability to work productively both in team setting as well as independently
- Previous experience using MS Office, database software, internet search engines etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
Salary: Prorated based on annual salary of $51,324.00 plus benefit
Hours of work: 35 hrs. per week, evening and weekend hours will be required
Contract Duration: January 2018 to March 31, 2020
How to Apply:
Please submit resume with cover letter quoting file # T267 no later than 5:00 p.m. on January 5, 2018, to:
Catholic Crosscultural Services - CCS is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.