The Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants (OCASI) acts as a collective voice for immigrant and refugee-serving organizations and coordinates response to shared needs and concerns. OCASI is a registered charity governed by a volunteer board of directors. OCASI’s membership is comprised of over 230 community-based organizations in Ontario.
OCASI is seeking two individuals, one bilingual (French & English) to join our dynamic and growing National Community of Practice Team. The positions offer unique opportunities for individuals with a general aptitude for technology and community development and the ability to build capacity within the immigrant and refugee services sector.
About the CoP
OCASI has developed a bilingual National Settlement Sector Community of Practice (CoP) where sector staff, leaders and those in related fields can learn, share, connect and collaborate.
The project objectives are to:
- Build a Community of Practice where settlement practitioners, leaders and professionals in related sectors can connect, share, collaborate and learn; thereby building their knowledge and skills capacity with a focus on improving settlement services;
- Facilitate the provision of consistent, innovative and coordinated services;
- Create a unique “Settlement Hub” for the sector where members collect, disseminate, and find
Both sites are the knowledge hub for the settlement sector in Ontario, dedicated to increasing the capacity of those involved in the settlement sector to raise their responsiveness to client needs and quality of services for Newcomers.
- Develop relationships with the necessary partner organizations to lay the groundwork for aggregating sector content to support the development of communities of practice
- Develop community engagement strategies that strengthens relationships with and amongst members of the CoP and encourage the creation of communities of practice
- Work with the team to develop help documentation, FAQ and tutorials to facilitate onboarding and examples of what can be done on the platform
- Determine project priorities and manage projects tasks accordingly
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Successful online community engagement experience with a variety of digital tools and platforms
- Experience developing effective user documentation and tutorials
- Content management and quality control in an online environment
- Digital communications experience
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in oral and written French is required for the bilingual position
- Strong work ethic, self-directed, and high degree of diplomacy with proven attention to detail
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to set priorities, plan and meet deadlines
- Ability to interact with community members and guide them through an online platform; Experience in developing and delivering trainings online and offline
- Knowledge and understanding of immigrant and refugee sector issues
- Experience building communities of practice
- Solid judgment and problem-solving skills with proven attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
- Post-secondary degree(s) in the social sciences
- Experience working in a non-profit or community-based agency
- Ability and willingness to travel across Canada
Job Type: Full-time contract position until the end of March 2020.
Compensation: Compensation: $50,000 annually + 4% vacation pay
How to Apply:
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter by August 23, 2019 to:
Hiring Committee, OCASI
OCASI is committed to Employment Equity
Thank you to all applicants for applying. However, we regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.