The Office Assistant provides administrative support for the Centres’ Programs
This is a full-time non-union position scheduled to work 28 hours per week.
• The Office Assistant provides administrative support to the programs.
• Answers telephone, forwards calls to staff and makes referrals to other COSTI locations and services providers.
• Greets visitors by providing a welcoming environment and assists walk-in clients.
• Responsible for office equipment maintenance, orients new staff on use of office equipment, and places service calls.
• Prepares and distributes incoming and outgoing mail, including weekly inter-office courier.
• Maintains record of client intake information
• Enters data into various databases including CIS, Employer data bases and other government systems
• Assists clients on computers and with resource materials
• Oversees petty cash and keeps record of invoices and purchases
• Enters invoices into financial system and keeps it up to date
• Records and maintains clients and staff attendance
• Purchases office supplies, prepares purchase orders, monitors computer and other inventories
• Purchases programs’ supplies and prepares refreshments for group events as necessary.
• High school graduation or equivalent and 1-year office experience.
• Minimum eighteen (12) months of experience providing administrative support.
• Excellent demonstrated communication, organization and coordination skills.
• Demonstrated typing speed of 60 words per minute and advanced knowledge of all software offered by Microsoft Office Suite is essential.
• Demonstrated experience in maintaining databases.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, email and Desktop Publishing is essential with a focus on data entry and tracking of information through Excel.
• Demonstrated knowledge of administrative and public relations skills.
• Knowledge of office procedures, capable of meeting timelines.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Verbal and written fluency in English is required.
• Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
LOCATIONS: 3100 Rutherford Road, Vaughan
DURATION: February 2, 2023 to December 31, 2023
SALARY RANGE: $31,875 to $34,305(based on 28 hrs/wk) per annum + benefits
POSTING DATE: January 19, 2023
CLOSING DATE: February 1, 2023
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference 37-23 to the below link: