The Parkdale Intercultural Association (PIA) is a Not-for-Profit, CRA-Registered Charitable organization that had been established to provide the best possible quality of social settlement services for the Parkdale community since 1977.
The NSP Settlement Worker is responsible for direct front-line service delivery assisting newcomer clients through one-to-one interviews, information and referrals, translation and interpretation in order to help clients overcome settlement barriers.
- University or College degree in Social Services, or equivalency in work and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in community outreach and counselling.
- Strong program planning awareness and case evaluation skills.
- Evidence of ability to work in a multicultural, multiracial setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high degree of motivation, initiative, and flexibility.
- Good understanding of the multicultural and immigrants’ community needs within the Parkdale neighborhood and amongst Settlement agencies serving newcomers.
- Good knowledge of community service resources, Federal and Provincial government policies and programs as it pertains to Settlement services provision.
- Working familiarity and knowledge of data base and word processing software.
- Effective communication and people skills.
- Tagalog-speaking is a must.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and résumé to:
Parkdale Intercultural Association
1257 Queen Street West | Toronto | ON | M6K 1L5
Phone: (416) 536-4420
Fax: (416) 532-2531
Application Deadline: September 20, 2021 (4:00 pm)
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.