The Network and Systems Administrator is responsible to the Supervisor of Information Technology Services and reports to that person. The Network and Systems Administrator is responsible for providing technical support for the Society’s network, software and hardware systems, managing the Society’s network infrastructure and implementing technology changes as required in order to meet the needs of the Society’s users.
- Manages the Society’s Local Area Network, software systems, hardware systems and peripheral equipment which includes LAN systems administration such as assigning and maintaining user’s rights, both on premises and cloud based, maintaining data security and, hardware support for servers, SAN’s, Switches, peripherals, troubleshooting, etc.
- Coordinates and monitors the quality and acceptability of Information Technology (IT) service and support delivered by outside service agencies to honour warranties and ensure compliance with vendor contracts
- Plans, designs and presents training modules that develop user capabilities with respect to CASO developed applications;
- Assists with procurement strategies for technology and initiates purchase orders, receives goods, initials receiving slips matched to PO's and forwards invoices to the Supervisor for approval and payment
- Provides technical and software support for computer users throughout the Society. This includes providing technical service and support for microcomputer hardware, printers and other peripheral equipment as well as software support for the Society’s standard products: Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office 365, and others as they are identified and approved in the future
- Manages the Society’s Office 365 tenant, which includes user management for AD Azure, Exchange online, security and access Multi Factor Authentication, Intune, Teams, Sharepoint
- Manages the Society’s Lotus Notes and Domino infrastructure including software, hardware systems and peripheral equipment. This includes Domino systems administration - assigning and maintaining user's rights, maintaining data security and daily/weekly/monthly back-ups as well as hardware support for servers, peripherals, troubleshooting, etc.
- Manages the Society’s HRMS infrastructure including software, hardware systems and peripheral equipment. This includes HRMS systems administration - assigning and maintaining user's rights, maintaining data security and daily/weekly/monthly back-ups as well as hardware support for servers, peripherals, troubleshooting, etc.
- Maintains security, authority and access for remote connections
- Should be capable of (some) lifting and other physical activity. The nature of the work requires moving, lifting and often manual labour to complete the service requirements
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3 years of work experience which must include administration of a large (more than 200 users) Local Area Network, in depth experience maintaining servers and Storage Area Networks (SAN’s), virtualization cloud based solutions and experience working with users/clients to assist them with their service requirements
- Must be certified as a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) and knowledge of Lotus Notes administration
- Must be experienced with Citrix Xen Desktop / Xen Server for application delivery, or other VDI Technologies
- Must have extensive experience with Microsoft Office 365 administration, including Exchange, Azure AD, Skype for Business, Sharepoint and Teams;
- Must be experienced with VMware vSphere management and administration, and Veeam backup products
- Must be experienced with security tools and solutions, including firewall management, desktop virus protection, Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) and Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Must have experience with the use of communication software, hardware, and protocols. Specifically, experience is required in configuring routers and firewalls, fiber connections, cloud solution providers and experience with TCP/IP and Internet servers (HTTP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, POP and TELNET). Must also have experience with PoE managed switches
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service, consulting, communication and problem-solving skills
1 Temporary Full Time Opportunity- 12 months – English position
Flexibility, including evenings and weekends may be required - required to be on call as per a schedule.
Salary: Commensurate with training and/or experience: Level NU09 $67,638 - $84,170
Position Available: ASAP
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter by May 19, 2019 to:
Thank you to all applicants for applying. However, we regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.