Full-time Contract Position until December 2022 (Remote work is possible)
OCASI - Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants
Are you an organizer (paid or unpaid) with community and grassroots groups to build power for racialized or im/migrant and refugee women? Then come work with us to create a national network of racialized and im/migrant and refugee women’s groups.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a dynamic bilingual (French and English) organizer with a commitment to social justice and feminist anti-racist practice, who enjoys engaging with people to build relationships with groups and coalitions.
What will the National Women’s Network Bilingual Coordinator do?
● Outreach to racialized and im/migrant and refugee women’s groups (English and French) to explore interest and viability to convene a national network
● Engage and mobilize groups through local and regional roundtables and one virtual national roundtable to develop a network charter
● Create and implement a communications and promotions strategy within the network and with alliances
● Work within the OCASI staff team and with the Project Advisory
Who we are
OCASI – Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants acts as the collective voice for immigrant and refugee-serving organizations in Ontario, and coordinates response to shared needs and concerns. Our mission is to achieve equality, access and full participation for immigrants and refugees in every aspect of Canadian life. OCASI was founded in 1978 and now has 240 member agencies across Ontario.
● Minimum of 3 years (paid or unpaid) experience in a not-for-profit organization or group, preferably in a convening or organizing role. Preference will be given to experience working with racialized, im/migrant and refugee women or women’s groups
● Demonstrated project management and implementation skills, including budgeting, collaboration with diverse partners, meeting multiple project deadlines, and working with online meeting platforms
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English
● Experience in outreach and promotion, including the creation of communication materials
● Awareness and understanding of anti-Black racism and racism, and challenges facing refugees and migrants in Canada
● A team player who can take the initiative and work independently, and is committed to the OCASI mission
Preference given to women or women-identifying persons from Indigenous, Black, and other racialized communities
Some overnight travel within Canada may be required, if and when permitted by public health safety requirements.
This is a full-time contract position based on 35 hours per week until December 2022.
Salary is $51,220 plus benefits, unionized with Unifor Local 87M
How to apply
Send a cover letter and resume with National Women’s Network Bilingual Coordinator in the title by April 30th, 2021 to: Hiring Committee, OCASI at email@example.com.
OCASI is committed to Employment Equity. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodations.
We thank all applicants for applying however, we regret only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.