The National Council of Canadian Muslims (NCCM) has a new opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to join our professional staff and work on cutting-edge issues impacting Canadian Muslim communities.
NCCM is currently hiring for a full-time Ottawa/Toronto-based Multi-Media Designer.
At the centre of our vibrant and dynamic communities, NCCM is a national, independent, non-partisan and non-profit advocacy organization at the forefront of defending, promoting and protecting the fundamental rights and public interests of Canadian Muslims.
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Multi-Media Designer is primarily responsible for executing and delivering engaging content across digital and social platforms to promote the NCCM brand. The Multi-Media Designer must be highly collaborative and still able to work independently.
- Participating in the creation, presentation, execution, maintenance and measurement of various digital and social strategies and their effectiveness
- Developing videos (storyboarding, shooting, and editing)
- Creating web-based graphics for campaigns, events, etc
- Leading the maintenance and updating of content on the NCCM website
- Participating in collaborative creative content development meetings
- Staying updated on industry trends and adjusting the content strategy as needed
- Offering strategic and promotional recommendations for integrated campaigns
- Managing asset translation as required (e.g. English, French)
- Flexibility and willingness to go beyond the job description to help the team/department deliver effective work
- Traveling as required
- College or university diploma or degree in a media, web design, or video production related program and/or 2 to 4 years equivalent work experience
- Immersed in digital culture and is familiar with animation software (After Effects, Premiere) with a thorough understanding of photography/videography, editing and distribution of digital assets
- Excellent knowledge of SEO, social media and digital best practices, and internet culture and language
- Strong knowledge of typography, image manipulation, illustration and animation
- Ability to generate original ideas, storytelling using visual concepts
- A keen eye for visual details and accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to manage timelines and resources
- Comfortable balancing a faced-paced, reactionary environment with proactive content planning
- Experience in supporting the execution of integrated content programs for brands
- Effective time management skills and the ability to prioritize competing deadlines is a must
- Bilingualism (French and English) preferred
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the organization, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
Start date: Immediate
Expected hours of work: Full-time
Compensation: Commensurate with experience & qualifications
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio of work with the subject line: Multi-Media Designer to:
Thank you to all those who respond to this posting. Only those selected for further screening will be contacted. No telephone call inquiries.