OCISO - Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
As a member of the dynamic and growing Community Economic Development team, the incumbent works within the Foreign Credential Recognition Mentorship program. The incumbent will facilitate mentoring to employment, offering immigrants and refugees, primarily women, the opportunity to engage in a mentoring relationship with a mentor in their chosen field. The role combines direct employment coaching supports to clients and the recruiting, orientation, training and retention of volunteer Mentors.
Reports to: Manager, Community Economic Development (CED)
- Establishes and facilitates volunteer Mentor outreach and retention strategies
- Maintain mentor/mentee database for the purpose of detailed activity/outcome tracking
- Engages volunteer mentors (Ottawa professionals within the regulated professions) via social media, coalition partners, community engagement and events to participate within CED programming
- Deliver orientation sessions to clients and Mentors
- Identify mentor/mentee matches and conduct introduction sessions, providing ongoing support of mentor/mentee match
- Provide referrals to other programs/services as needed
- Coordinate program networking events and workshops
- Employment Counselling; support Project Coordinator to conduct client intake and assessments; assess client’s employment readiness, and define short/long term career goals
- Ensure high standards of service delivery within an anti-racism and anti-oppression policy framework
- Demonstrate a commitment to OCISO’s culture of respect management approach and anti-racism/anti oppression policy within the work environment and in the community
- University degree or college diploma in Human Resources, Career Coaching, Marketing, Women’s studies, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas; volunteer coordination, human resources, career coaching/counselling
- Knowledge of the labour market trends and challenges faced by newcomers to Canada
- Excellent organizational, team work, coordination and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal and cross cultural communication skills
- Proficiency with current computer applications including the MS Office Suite, social media, internet based productivity tools and databases
- Fluency in English essential, other languages desirable
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment
Term: 24.5 hours per week (part-time), December 2020 – Indefinite
Salary & Benefits: $47,400 - $48,200 (prorated for part-time). Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, an RRSP plan and a generous leave entitlement
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and a resume by December 2, 2020 by 5:00 p.m. to:
Halimah Shaw, H.R. Administrator
OCISO encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview.