Progress Career Planning Institute (PCPI), is a Career Development organization that supports the development of lifelong learners, job seekers and newcomers with careers, employment, skills development training, settlement and as well businesses with HR Solutions to address skills gap in the labor market. As a leader in career and workforce development, we are is seeking a talented marketing and social media savvy individual to join our team and help us promote a strong brand awareness for our organization.
The Marketing and Social Media Specialist is responsible for developing PCPI’s marketing and promotional materials and for leading the organization’s strategic social media presence to deliver on our vision and to provide exceptional service to the community and newcomers. The incumbent will use resource materials and social media to convey impactful messaging and tell the organization’s story. As well, plan, design and deliver social media campaigns and monitor social media activities. Manages the organization website ensuring impactful content and the values of the organization are embedded throughout its content.
- Conduct market research to find answers about job seekers and employers requirements, needs and trends
- Brainstorm with staff and develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns
- Develop outbound marketing activities utilizing expertise in various areas (content development and optimization, advertising, event planning such as Job Fairs, and graduations etc.
- Liaise with external bodies such as government, graphic designers, media to execute promotional campaign and marketing materials
- Collaborate with management and other professionals to coordinate brand awareness
- Develop and manage content on the organizations website ensuring the values of the organization are embedded in all aspect and messaging is impactful and current
- Collaborate with project leads and teams to develop a plan to reach projects’ targeted audience using a variety of channels
- Build and manage the organization’s social media profile including but not limited to Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, website
- Provide ongoing social media support and education to staff and working with management to develop social media policies for staff usage
- Monitor impact and hits related to site visits, clicks and searches
- Monitor and engage in relevant social media discussions about the organization with new and existing clients and community partners
- Run regular social media promotions and campaigns and track success (LinkedIn discussions etc.)
- Develop blog for the organization and write various articles on a wide range of career, employment, training and settlement topics
- Engage staff in contributing articles and provide feedback to all contributors, and editing their content as needed
- Track , measure and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor Degree in Journalism, computers or the arts with a minimum of two year’s work experience in marketing, Journalism and or social media
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions
- Demonstrated writing skills, possess political acuity and cultural sensitivity
- Proficiency in using social media software to help monitor social media conversations
- Strong knowledge and experience with various social media platforms, SEO (Search Engines Optimization) key word search and social media analytics
- Highly motivated and creative and committed to continuous improvement and lifelong learning
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail and problem solving ability
- Flexibility and the temperament and skills to manage change in a rapidly evolving
- Collaborative leadership style with the ability to work in a diverse team environment
- General office setting
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and remotely
- Some travel required so a car is an asset
BENEFITS: healthcare, vision, dental and long term disability as well as contributions to pension.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, March 5, 2021.
Progress Career Planning Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodations will be provided through the hiring process provided the candidate makes such requests in advance.
Only qualified candidates will be invited to attend and interview.
A mandatory police check is required for all successful candidates prior to hiring.