ACCES Employment is a leading non-profit organization that assists jobseekers from diverse backgrounds. We deliver a range of programs at locations across the GTA and we offer online services to job seekers across Canada and pre-arrival. Serving more than 34,000 jobseekers each year, ACCES delivers customized programs that focus on connecting our clients with leading employers or starting a business in Canada. With over 30 years of experience in the employment services sector, you will be joining a successful organization with an innovative and seasoned staff team.
The Manager, Pre-Arrival Services, is responsible for the successful implementation of ACCES Employment’s Canadian Employment Connections (CEC) program. CEC is an online program that provides sector-specific training and employment services to newcomers prior to their arrival in Canada. The Manager, Pre-Arrival Services also supports ACCES Employment’s Entrepreneurship Connections Pre-Arrival (ECP) program through integrating pre-arrival services reporting and providing expertise to the ECP team on best practices within pre-arrival services.
This position is an exceptional career opportunity for someone with project development, leadership, business development, and marketing skills. Reporting to the Director of Program Development, this position’s primary responsibilities include project development, leadership and supervision to staff, along with the overall administration of the project outcomes. The project will deliver sector-specific bridging programs to overseas clients in multiple countries through an online services platform. As part of the management team, this is a non-unionized position.
- Plan and implement all CEC project activities to support internationally trained professionals to meet their employment objectives
- Manage all program staffing activities including recruitment, supervision, performance management, staff engagement and training of the CEC team
- Work closely with Entrepreneurship Connections national team to integrate ECP as a new service delivery stream in CEC, providing expertise on best practices within pre-arrival services and support staff engagement and training opportunities for the ECP team
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to manage and oversee curriculum development and delivery, programs and other services offered
- Establish and build partnerships with international referral partners
- Coordinate the compilation of pre-arrival services program data
- Analyze data alongside senior leadership and lead in the preparation of all pre-arrival services reports required by ACCES and by funders
- Work closely with Project Managers, program teams and other ACCES staff to coordinate and support the placement of clients in various sectors across Canada
- Review and audit Project files to ensure proper documentation and work in collaboration with our QA Department to ensure the compilation of program results/reports
- Report program activities and make recommendations to senior management regarding strategies and activities that improve program administration efficiency and effectiveness; support implementation of recommended strategies and ensure program targets are met and exceeded
- Work closely with ACCES Finance, Administration and Human Resources departments to manage program budgets and oversee employment and third party contracts
An organized self-starter with experience and/or education in the following areas:
- A university/college degree and over 5 years of work-related experience in Human Services and minimum of 3 years related experience of supervision and program or project management
- Experience with working in an online service delivery environment, learning management systems and other online tools is considered a strong asset
- Project Management (PMP) designation, or in progress, is considered an asset
- Understanding of labour market challenges and barriers, particularly as they relate to internationally trained professionals
- Excellent problem solving skills, creativity and ability to both lead teams and work in a team
- Excellent interpersonal and self-management skills to work effectively with clients, co-workers, outside agencies and employers representing ACCES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced and highly proficient working in an MS Office environment
- Previous experience in the not-for-profit sector and working in a diverse environment is an asset
- Ability to travel between ACCES locations and/or partner and employer organizations, or as needed
- Flexibility to work alternative hours based on client needs, occasional evenings and weekends
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
Application Deadline: End of Business Day on April 26, 2019
(Please note, resumes will be reviewed as they are received)
Candidates may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.