Position Title: Manager, Philanthropy
Employment Status: Full-time (14-month contract, starting ASAP)
Position Reports to: Director, Community Relations and Fundraising
Primary Location: Pickering, Ontario
Salary Range: $67,000 to $79,276 - Annualized salary is commensurate on skills and experience, plus option to participate in HOOPP.
Are you passionate about helping people live healthier lives? Are you looking to make a difference in our healthcare system? Are you a motivated team player who wants to create an impact? If so, please read on and apply today!
It's an exciting time to be joining Carea, while we are embarking on an energizing path with a focus on making our biggest impact yet on local health care by diversifying, expanding, and leveraging our resources in philanthropy.
Carea is a place of energy, enthusiasm and passion. Our Manager of Philanthropy (you!) will inspire, manage and motivate staff and the Durham community to understand the vision of Carea, the purpose of Community Health Centres, and the impact we’ve had on healthcare and continue to have. You’ll play a central role in growing and evolving our program with a focus on building meaningful relationships with existing and prospective donors. You’ll lead the development and consistent delivery of exceptional donor interactions, participating in activities related to the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of all donors.
So, who are we?
Carea Community Health Centre (Carea) is a registered, charitable organization providing a wide range of free services and programs to community members across Durham Region.
We are an inter professional group of staff that include team members such as physicians, specialists, healthcare staff, mental health professionals, program and support staff. Our expert team provides a wide range of healthcare, mental health, and social services that are inclusive, equitable and accessible to all. Carea’s comprehensive services address the complex picture of human health. This means we consider the social, emotional, economic, health and developmental circumstances an individual is experiencing when accessing services. We partner with clients to improve their own health and wellness.
We strive to be accessible to community members who face barriers such as culture, gender, age, geographic isolation, homelessness, language, physical and/or cognitive disabilities, poverty, sexual identity and race.
About the Role:
The Manager of Philanthropy will report to and work closely with the Director of Community Relations and Fundraising and the CSO to develop and increase fundraising revenue and develop community partnerships.
We have a clear outline and workplan for the next year and we’d love to add your flavour to our plan! Here are some of the things you’ll be doing:
• Provide leadership and direction for all fundraising activities including annual campaigns, employee giving, and corporate partnership - with a particular focus on building major gift capacity
• Build relationships with key stakeholders and secure philanthropic commitments from a personal portfolio of donors including individuals, corporations, and organizations
• Work in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team, and Development Team to build and enhance a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization
• Work with Manager, Communications & Grants to strategize, execute and manage systems to drive regular communications demonstrating gift impact to donors and stakeholders with donor-centred cultivation strategies, proposals, and personalized case for support presentations
• University Degree in Fundraising or related field required plus 3+ years of experience in fundraising/revenue generation leadership role or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Exceptional computer skills – proficiency using Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office programs
• A clear commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism
• Valid G license with access to a vehicle
• Vulnerable Sector Clearance required
• Proof of double vaccination against COVID-19
I like what I hear, now what?
How to apply:
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit resume by email to email@example.com .
The fine print:
While we thank all applicants for their interest in applying, only those qualified and considered for interview will be contacted. All applicant submissions will be kept on file for six months, for future consideration. All applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly. All positions are subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions for all external hires: Reference Checks; and Criminal Background checks (including Vulnerable Sector Screening).
Carea Community Health Centre is committed to complying with all applicable standards as set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), the provisions of the Ontario Human Rights Code, and any other applicable legislation. Accessibility: If you have accessibility needs and require alternate formats or other accommodations please contact Human Resources at 905-723-0036, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Carea Community Health Centre and staff are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes diversity.