OCISO - Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
The Manager of Finance will have management responsibility for the overall operation of the financial and capital resources of OCISO under the direction set by the Board of Directors and the Executive Director.
- Oversees all financial activities of the organization and assures that the accounts of OCISO are accurate and up to date
- Administers the annual budget set by the Board of Directors and advises the Executive Director and the Finance Committee of any variances on a monthly basis
- Maintains records of all financial plans and transactions using generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Assures prompt and accurate reports are made to the Finance Committee, Board of Directors, funders, and managers
- Assists the Executive Director and the Board in the development of financial policies; develops and implements procedures to carry out the policies
- Provides periodic financial reports to assist the Board, Executive Director and Managers in the decision making process
- Provides advice to the Board, Executive Director and Program Managers on financial matters, financial planning and budgeting
- Monitors and ensures compliance with government regulations related to the charitable/non-profit status of the organization
- Makes banking arrangements for the organization, monitors cash balances to ensure full deposit insurance coverage and manages Centre’s cash flow
- Co-ordinates and facilitates the annual audit process
- Provides leadership, support and direction to team in complex and high-pressure situations
- Demonstrates a commitment to OCISO’s culture of respect management approach and anti-racism / anti-oppression policy within the work environment and in the community
- Any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Professional Accounting designation or an equivalent combination of Bachelor degree and at least five (5) years of experience in Finance and Accounting
- Three (3) years of demonstrated management experience
- Good knowledge of reporting mechanisms within the non-profit sector
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment and the ability to supervise and direct staff
- Experience in government and community relations
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organization and time management
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English. Other languages are desirable
- Demonstrated ability to integrate in-depth knowledge of equity, access, and anti-racism into all aspects of program and policy development
- Advanced knowledge of ACCPAC accounting software. Knowledge of ADP and Donor Perfect platforms
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, database applications, internet applications, social media and flexibility with regard to work time
Term: Full-time (35hours/week) – October 2019 - Indefinite
Salary & Benefits: $64,000 – $72,000 annually. Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, an RRSP plan and a generous leave entitlement.
Application Deadline: September 27th, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and a resume by 5:00 p.m on September 27th, 2019 to:
Halimah Shaw, H.R. Administrator
OCISO encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you to all those who respond to this posting. Only those selected for further screening will be contacted. No telephone call inquiries.