ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting employers with qualified employees from diverse backgrounds. More than 35,000 job seekers are served annually at seven locations across the Greater Toronto Area. As a not-for-profit corporation, ACCES receives funding from all levels of government, corporate sponsors, various supporters and the United Way Greater Toronto.
ACCES is looking for skilled and career-oriented people who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
ACCES is adding a seventh location in Newmarket this year. For the Manager, Employment Services position, we are seeking a results-oriented team player with demonstrated management skills in a not-for-profit environment. This individual will have exceptional team-building, community engagement, partnership building, communication skills and strong Employment Ontario experience to manage our York Region, Newmarket location. Reporting to the Director, Service Excellence, this individual will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of client service delivery at the Newmarket location with specific accountability for Employment Ontario services. As part of the management team, this is a non-unionized position.
- Manage and supervise direct and indirect reports, including Employment Consultants, Employer Liaisons and administrative staff
- Manage, coordinate and monitor all assigned programs and services, ensuring all funding requirements, commitments and targets are met and assigned budget is spent
- Provide leadership and expertise to employment team in areas of assessment, case management, problem solving, intervention, crisis management, and understanding the principles and ethics of counseling
- Conduct performance reviews and support staff in identifying and pursuing professional development and training opportunities
- Coordinate the recruitment, training and management of new employees, placements, and volunteers
- Participate in the development and implementation of an effective outreach strategy to create and enhance relationships with community partners, funders and employers
- Represent ACCES in the Newmarket community networks and collaboration initiatives
- Demonstrate sensitivity and cultural awareness with regards to serving the needs of newcomer clients
- Support the successful execution of events at ACCES (Newmarket)
- Participate in planning activities and work collaboratively within the management team across all ACCES locations
- Preparation of proposals, regular reports & statistics
- Coordinate and ensure all site facilities’ maintenance and repairs, equipment and renovation projects are completed according to established processes and procurement policies
- Oversee all site health & safety activities and participate in the Health & Safety Committee as a Management Representative
- Analyze and report program activities and make recommendations to senior management regarding strategies and activities that improve program efficiency and effectiveness; support implementation of recommended strategies and ensure program targets are met and exceeded
- Other duties as assigned by Management
An organized self-starter with experience and education in the following areas:
- University Degree in Business, Human Services, or a related field
- Over 5 years of work-related experience in Human Services and minimum of 3 years experience of supervision and program or project management
- Exceptional strength in human resources areas of performance management, team leadership and staff coaching/mentoring, preferably in a diverse setting
- Solid knowledge and understanding of local labor market trends and community services networks
- Experience with Employment Ontario is an asset
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of career and employment counselling is an asset
- Experience developing community partnerships and funding proposals
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector and/or employment sector is an asset
- Excellent organizational, planning, problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and appropriately identify and respond to urgent situations while meeting competing deadlines
- Ability to travel to all ACCES locations, employer sites, outreach and networking events
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committe
Please Note: Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.