Delta Family Resource Centre (Delta Family, DF) is a community-based agency which has served isolated communities in North-West Toronto for 40 years. Acknowledging the consequences of intersecting forms of oppression on the health and well-being of individuals, families and communities, Delta Family Resource Centre offers programs, services and supports for Black and other priority populations in Northwest Toronto which amplify their resilience and strengths. Committed to anti-oppression, addressing Anti-Black racism and inclusive ways of engaging participants, DF actively works to be part of a healthy, engaged, and empowered community where all
We are seeking an experienced dynamic individual to help grow a recognized, innovative counselling centre supporting Toronto’s Black communitie,s working in partnership with other centres that share a similar vision. The successful candidate will lead our team of counselors, delivering culturally responsive one-on-one, group and family therapy sessions as well as creating innovative group sessions to predominantly Black and racialized residents. The Manager of Counselling will focus on revamping and/or strengthening and embedding the system’s processes by:
Systematizing intake, Supporting effective case planning & case management processes that allow clients to transition seamlessly through the treatment process developed, and to benefit from other Delta Family and partner services where applicable,. Finally they will maintain reliable documentation of records. They will monitor cases on hold/on pause cases, and, with the team, establish standards of care and service. They will focus on establishing the Counselling department as a key counselling resource providing culturally relevant counselling services for Toronto’s Black communities
- Review and enhance the existing service delivery framework and develop comprehensive practice standards for the team
- Development of new innovative counselling and wellness programs which meet the needs of Black and racialized communities in Northwest Toronto
- Manage the recruitment, selection, training and evaluation of counselors
- Provide professional clinical direction, coaching, case consultations and mentoring of staff, matching identified needs to specific programs/services of making appropriate referrals to community agencies
- Use knowledge of professionally acceptable counselling techniques to ensure that residents receive appropriate supports
- Providing leadership in the development and monitoring of quality systems and stand standards for the team
- Liaise with operations, staff, various departments and community agencies; participate on committees
- Work effectively with the management team and other colleagues to ensure that DF is effectively represented with various stakeholders (clients, partners, funders, elected officials), on relevant networks and at public & private event
- Establishing objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) in collaboration with the Executive Director and other staff.
- To pilot and implement Delta Family’s Sesa Wo Suban model of Care for Black community members
- Plan, implement and oversee new and current initiatives with key partners to grow the Counselling department
- Modelling DF values and a commitment to contributing to the healthy development of the organization, representing and promoting programs and DF values to agencies, organizations, elected officials and general public
- Review, develop and formulate institutional policies, goals and objectives as they relate to counselling, wellness and social work practice
- Ensuring that outcomes are documented and that DF achieves contracted deliverables.
- Ensuring that management is aware of relevant trends and able to pivot to respond appropriately
- Engaging a variety of tools to effectively improve public awareness.
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement is a Master of Social Work degree from a recognized University
- Must be registered as a Social Worker in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or another recognized accreditation body
- Minimum of 3 years counselling experience, some of which has to have been with Black and racialized community members
- At least 2 years of clinical experience
- At least 2 years Management experience
- Experience in establishing systems and procedures for operation of an effective counselling department
- Lived experience of the issues facing Black communities
- Minimum of 2 years experience in working with marginalized, under-resourced and racialized communities
- Comprehensive understanding of Anti-Black Racism (ABR) and the issues facing diverse Black/African communities and demonstrated commitment to addressing ABR
- Familiarity with the issues currently facing racialized and marginalized communities; experience in working with Black, African and/or South Asian communities an asset
- Good understanding of the need for organizational of leaders to promote work with other departments and demonstrate commitment to organizational health and well-being
- Proven experience in report writing, documentation of program outcomes
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, good judgment, accountability and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Able to problem-solve creatively and strategically.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Familiarity with East African and/or Muslim communities an asset
- Familiarity with Toronto’s north western communities an asset
- Established linkages with relevant key stakeholders e.g CAS, Black Health Alliance an asset
- Some experience in revenue generation an asset
- Languages other than English an asset
- The successful candidate will be required to have/obtain a current vulnerable sector Reference Check(can be obtained upon offer of position).
To protect the health and safety of employees, all new hires are encouraged to be fully vaccinated. Vaccinated candidates will be prioritized.
Salary-$ 60,000 -71,250
How to apply:
Please note that internal candidates will be considered before external candidates are processed.
Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted as resumes are received. Delta Family is an equal opportunity employer. We will make every effort to accommodate the needs of candidates through the selection process. Please let us know in advance if you require accommodation. We thank all applicants for their interest. Regretfully, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.