The Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre is looking for creative, enthusiastic and experienced LINC/ESL Supply Teachers.
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission, the goals and the educational philosophy of Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre
- Understand the Canadian Language Benchmarks and facilitate their integration with classroom instruction
- Follow the Portfolio-Based Language Assessment (PBLA) format and include the use of the pre-developed LINC-related materials or external supplementary materials when appropriate
- Conduct regularly-scheduled student assessments. PBLA format
- Record students’ progress. Additionally, submit these advancements as weekly reports, success stories and quarterly reports – submitting each on time
- Collect student input and provide referral guidance to their settlement needs
- Grade students self-directed activities and homework, incorporating them into the body of the weekly lesson when possible
- Perform other related duties of a LINC/ESL teacher
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in a field relevant to the position
- All candidates should have an excellent knowledge/command of grammar, communicative language teaching techniques, must be TESL and TESL Ontario certified
- Strong knowledge of local community services, training providers and relevant on-line resources
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills; resourceful, creative and strategic
- Supportive team player, friendly, helpful, independent work habits, flexible, hardworking and take initiative
- Knowledge of Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA) is a strong asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to be highly organized, exercise discretion, and use sound judgment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences
- Experience working with non-profit organizations is an asset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of various LINC/ESL activities to use in the classroom
- Flexibility to adjust lessons to students’ levels and needs
- Comfortable with using technology for teaching, e.g. Internet, skype, LINC/ESL websites
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
The Niagara Folk Arts Multicultural Centre is committed to workplace diversity.
Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request.
Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls or visits.