This is a part-time non-union contract position scheduled to work 19 hours per week
Richmond Hill Welcome Centre: Mon and Wed, 8:30 am to 12:00 pm & Sat 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
Markham North Welcome Centre: Tues and Thurs 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
(Program Closure Dates: December 20, 2022 - January 2, 2023 and March 13-17, 2023)
• Provides administrative and secretarial support to the online and in-person services of the LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) program.
• Handles student and employer inquiries in person, on the telephone, via email, social media, virtual meetings and other online tools regarding COSTI’s programs and services.
• Verifies, complies, corrects and types statistical reports.
• Prepares and types letters, documents and certificates for signature regarding status of students.
• Creates, organizes and maintains operational files online and in hard copies where needed.
• Liaises with assessment centres for client intake assessment and placement.
• Communicates with Welcome Centre and community partners for client referrals.
• Responsible for client registration.
• Supports new clients’ and staff’s access to virtual conferencing tools and Learning Management System and prepares clients for attendance in virtual classes.
• Collects and inputs client data into CIS, CLARS and Welcome Centre systems.
• Prepares materials for program outreach via multiple media including web postings and social media. Reviews and updates program information on the web.
• Orders office supplies as required.
• Maintains inventory of program materials and supplies.
• Performs other administrative duties as required.
• Assists with reception duties at the Welcome Centre as required.
• High school graduation or equivalent and 1-year office experience.
• Ability to work remotely and independently using the phone, computer and internet.
• Experience using virtual meeting tools such as MS Teams and Zoom.
• Knowledge of Google Drive is required.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and email.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Good administrative skills, typing speed of 40 words per minute is essential.
• Knowledge of office procedures, capable of meeting timelines.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Excellent customer service skills and sensitivity towards educational needs of newcomers.
• Knowledge of CIS, HARTs or iCARE would be an asset.
• Ability to speak Mandarin would be an asset.
• Ability to work at both Markham North and Richmond Hill Welcome Centres.
• Must be fully vaccinated or exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
Please note that a written and technical assessment will be administered to demonstrate both written and planning skills as well as proficiency with MS Office applications and Outlook at an advanced level.
LOCATION: 9325 Yonge St, Richmond Hill
8400 Woodbine Ave, Markham
DURATION: July 25, 2022 to March 31, 2023
SALARY RANGE: $21.89 to $23.56 per hour
POSTING DATE: June 29 2022
CLOSING DATE: July 13, 2022
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference # 146-22 to the below link: https://creg.costi.ca/ui/hr/resume.aspx?refno=146-22