Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization - OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
The Childminder will implement a program which contributes to the physical, social, emotional, language and cognitive development of participating children in an environment that encourages respect for the values, customs and traditions of all cultures.
Reports to: Supervisor of Childminders
- Provide care to children aged 6 months to 10 years within the Childminder setting
- Help children develop a passion for learning
- Approach a child's first learning years with enthusiasm and dedication
- Under the supervision of the Supervisor of Childminders; facilitate the delivery of a program which contributes to the physical, social, emotional, cognitive and language development of infant, toddler and pre-school children
- Provide referrals to community programs
- Provide services to parents and children in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner
- Develop appropriate activities and games for the children
- Promotes health and hygiene to prevent the spread of illness by following best practices for hand washing, diapering, food preparation, and regular cleaning routines including sanitization of toys, kitchen, and other surfaces
- Keeps records pertinent to the program i.e. Attendance, Incidence etc.
- Follows policies and procedures as outlined by the Ministry in accordance with licensing policies and OCISO policies
- Performs other duties as necessary in the performance of the position and as assigned
- ECE diploma preferred
- Experience working with infant, toddler, and pre-school children and their parents, preferably in a LINC environment
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment
- Valid emergency First Aid with CPR certificate or must be willing to obtain within a set time frame
- Valid Food Safe Certificate or must be wiling to obtain within a set time frame
- Good communication skills and ability to take initiative
- Fluency in English
- Ability to communicate in additional languages is an asset
Term: Supply (On-Call)
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and a resume by 5:00 p.m. on July 26, 2019 to:
Halimah Shaw, H.R. Administrator
OCISO encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you to all who have expressed interest in this position, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.