The Cross-Cultural Community Services Association (TCCSA) is a not-for-profit organization that aims to assist newcomers in adapting to Canadian life in their neighbourhood and to provide support to Canadians in building a stronger community. The mission of TCCSA is to enhance the well-being and resilience of diverse communities by strengthening competencies and fostering participation through effective and professional human services.
TCCSA is seeking a part-time LINC Assistant Teacher in our Peel Centre to assist in teaching adult newcomer students the English language skills they need to integrate into the community. The details of the position are as follows:
Job Title: LINC Assistant Teacher Unit LINC
Hours of Work: 9.0 hours / week
Closing Date: August 19, 2022
Location: TCCSA Peel Centre (File # 15-22)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• To assist LINC instructors to deliver language instructions to students, both through online learning and in-person classes (when it is safe to do so);
• To assist and lead students to participate in the full range of classroom activities for improving their English language skills;
• To help students learn English with the aid of computer software and various online platforms;
• To support LINC instructors in implementing the Portfolio-Based Language Assessment (PBLA) in the classrooms, including managing e-portfolios;
• To assist / lead small groups of students whenever being requested;
• To support and participate in all activities of the Association. This responsibility may require occasional irregular work hours;
• To work in all four TCCSA locations (Downtown, Mississauga, Markham, Scarborough), and any other location as the Association expands;
• To support LINC administrator in program promotion and student recruitment;
• To assist / lead students to Field Trips;
• To perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
• University Degree or equivalent experience;
• Holder of valid TESL Ontario Certificate will be an asset;
• Minimum 2 years teaching experience;
• Excellent Communication skills in English;
• Experience in working with adult immigrants;
• Proficiency in a second language commonly used by clientele – Chinese, Arabic, or one of the South-Asian languages is a definite asset;
• Proficiency with MS Office and social media, knowledge in graphic software is an asset;
• Experience with the Avenue platform is a definite asset;
• Ability to work flexible hours;
• A clear, mandatory Vulnerable Sector Screening-Police Reference Check.
How to apply:
Application Deadline -
Please submit your application by August 19, 2022, 4:00 pm through email: email@example.com.
Applicants should quote File #15-22 on the application.
We thank you for all those who are interested in this position. Only selected candidates will be contacted for interview. Regrettably we cannot accept telephone inquiries.
TCCSA is an equal opportunity employer. TCCSA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.