This is a full time Union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week**
• Facilitates virtual and in person life skills and career planning workshops designed to meet the needs of York Region residents
• Ability to develop workshop materials, plan activities, discussion topics and individual and group exercises as per program’s curriculum. Name of the workshops include, but not limited to, Personality Dimensions and career exploration, self-awareness, self-esteem, setting goals, time management, team building, problem solving and conflict resolution, financial literacy, decision making etc.
• Conducts vocational testing, individual career exploration and counselling
• Provides assessment of clients’ needs and develops a career focused Action Plan accordingly
• Conduct networking and follow up sessions; provides job retention support
• Responsible for client outreach, recruitment, intake and assessment (in-person, phone, or virtual)
• Liaises with York Region Ontario Works offices and community partners
• Develops outreach strategies with local community agencies to enhance program marketing, client referral and service coordination
• Researches and maintains resources including: labour market trends, career exploration tools
• Responsible for record keeping and preparing statistical and narrative reports.
• Career and Work diploma or a Social Services diploma with relevant practicum experience.
• 12 months of facilitation experience with a focus on: life skills and career planning
• Personality Dimensions Certification is an asset.
• Demonstrated work experience facilitating, developing career planning and life skills material including time management, financial literacy, managing relationships, goal setting and conflict resolution.
• Life skills Training Certificate or equivalent certification/experience an asset.
• Ability to communicate in languages other than English is an asset.
• Sensitive to the needs diverse populations including new immigrants, refugees, LGBTQ and persons with disabilities
• Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, email, and other windows environment software.
• Must be able to travel across York Region. At times may be required to travel to conduct workshops/client intake outside of the office, i.e. OW offices, Community centres.
• Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption
Hours of work shall be scheduled in accordance with Article 12.01and shall consist of five (5) seven (7) hour days, Monday to Friday.
LOCATION: Employment Services, Vaughan ,3100 Rutherford Road (Working virtually
2 days per week and 3 days at the office)
DURATION: January 9, 2023 to December 31, 2023
SALARY RANGE: $47,790 to $51,435 + benefits
POSTING DATE: November 22, 2022
CLOSING DATE: December 5, 2022
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.
Subject to the response of those on Notice of Recall, this position may be open to Union members on a secondment basis
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference #270-22 to the below link: https://creg.costi.ca/ui/hr/resume.aspx?refno=270-22