Job Type: Full Time, Contract, 37.5 hours a week (until March 31, 2023 with possibility of extension based on funding)
Hourly rate: 22-26/hours
Catholic Community Services of York Region (CCSYR) is a non-profit social service agency providing programs and services to culturally diverse clients and their families in York Region. The Library settlement worker is to deliver direct settlement services to newcomer. As a member of the LSP team, the settlement worker works under the guidance and supervision of the LSP Program Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identifies settlement needs of newcomers and links them with available community resources.
• Conducts outreach to the community and engages newcomers to address their settlement, community connection and integration needs.
• Plans, organizes and facilitates group sessions (in person or online) on various settlement and community resource topics to promote newcomer community connections
• Plans and facilitates basic digital skills coaching sessions to enhance newcomers’ digital community connections.
• Collaborates with library partners and provides services in a supportive, culturally sensitive and linguistically appropriate manner maintaining client confidentiality.
• Prepares and submits statistics and reports.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the LSP Program Manager.
• Post secondary education in social service or related field.
• A minimum of two years’ experience in settlement work or community service work.
• Fluency in spoken and written English. Ability of reading, writing and typing in second language as an asset.
• Solid experience in group work, online and in-person; Experience in basic digital skills coaching.
• Ability to work remotely and utilize various online tools to outreach and deliver service.
• Wide knowledge of community resources in York Region, familiarity of public library service and programs.
• Proficiency of MS Office Suite and Office.com platform. Knowledge of OCMS an asset.
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation, outreach, time management and organizational skills.
• Strong ability to work with diverse staff, clients, and service partners.
• Valid Driver’s License, reliable vehicle and insurance coverage are required.
How to apply:
Interested individuals are requested to submit a resume with a cover letter on or before 4:00 pm, July 8, 2022 to:
The Hiring Committee
Catholic Community Services of York Region
Please indicate in the subject line: Your name – LSP Settlement Worker-Your Home language
We thank all applicants; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.