Founded in 1988, vpi has provided working solutions to individuals and organizations for more than 25 years. We are based in Mississauga and have 11 branch locations across Southern Ontario.
We provide employment programs, assessments and supportive vocational services that help residents of Ontario improve job readiness, explore training and get back to work.
As a service provider for the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD), we facilitate several Employment Ontario programs to help job seekers find work and training opportunities. We also work directly with employers who are looking to hire. These free programs and services are provided at no cost to job seekers or employers.
The Job Placement Specialist is responsible to support unemployed clients find meaningful employment. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator with a demonstrated ability to consistently meet targets.
To be successful in this role, you will be comfortable with automation, ever improving processes and efficiencies. You possess integrity and a strong work ethic. You are a highly motivated, results-driven and dependable team player.
- Client management and support, including 1:1 job coaching with the client, assessing motivation, supporting client through independent job search activities, coaching clients in job interview strategies, administrative requirements, etc.
- Advocate for and promote specific clients’ skill sets, marketing the right skills to the right job leads
- Strengthening employer relationships through placement & training agreement negotiations, placement monitoring and support, and community involvement (i.e. employer events)
- Identify need in branch for targeted and structured employer events to Business Development Unit, based on clients’ needs and occupational goals. I.e. Employer panels, hiring or networking events
- Participation and liaising with Chamber of Commerce, Job Development networks, professional and trades associations to develop job leads, market clients, and facilitate the development of networking and mentoring relationships
- Work closely with the Business Development Unit to seamlessly and effectively assist clients obtain meaningful employment and achieve all targets and outcomes
- Track, monitor and achieve individual targets, and support in achieving branch targets
- Keep current with prevailing labour market conditions, demands and expectations, as well as new developments within local and regional labour markets
- Proven experience meeting and exceeding targets as a Job Placement Specialist, or proven track record in business development (staffing/recruitment)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build lasting professional relationships with employers and job seekers
- Experience providing direct coaching for individuals seeking employment including youth, people with disabilities, people receiving OW, newcomers and adults with barriers
- Champion a positive and satisfying work environment by living the vpi core values and culture.
- Must have a vehicle, valid driver’s license and insurance
Must have one of the following
- Diploma in a Career and Work Counsellor Program
- College Career Development Practitioner Certificate
- CRTWC or CDMP
- Job Development Certification an asset
- Experience with motivational interviewing an asset
How to apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes via the link below.
To apply please click here
VPI is committed to accessibility for all Ontarians. Please advise us if you have any accommodation requirements during the recruitment process.
VPI is committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.